News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Joe Namath's '69 Charger R/T *** Updated w/image

Started by JohnnyBee, July 13, 2007, 09:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

Quote from: 41husk on July 13, 2007, 02:47:46 PM
That would be an interesting car to find.  I know when Mark Mcguire broke roger Maris home run record of 61, the Cardinals gave hom a 62 Vett.  I doubt those guys appreciate the cars as we would.

I heard took it to a local shop to see what they could do to make more power as the original 327 wasn't quite what he had in mind in such a sexy/fast looking car.  they suggested an LS1 swap or a power adder to the original motor.  He opted for nitrous because he was partial to the juice
RECHRGED

Budnicks

Quote from: dkn1997 on November 09, 2011, 05:55:58 PM
Quote from: 41husk on July 13, 2007, 02:47:46 PM
That would be an interesting car to find.  I know when Mark Mcguire broke roger Maris home run record of 61, the Cardinals gave hom a 62 Vett.  I doubt those guys appreciate the cars as we would.

I heard took it to a local shop to see what they could do to make more power as the original 327 wasn't quite what he had in mind in such a sexy/fast looking car.  they suggested an LS1 swap or a power adder to the original motor.  He opted for nitrous because he was partial to the juice
That's funny,   Partial to the juice.... 
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: 471_Magnum on November 09, 2011, 04:21:35 PM
Thread revived from the dead after more than four years. That's got to be a record of some sort!
New member, he/she must have seen something that he/she wanted to contribute to... I found it interesting haven't seen it before either, I wonder what ever happened to it ultimately...  I was a big "Broadway Joe" fan in 1970 I was 11, he was a hero to many youngsters back then...

dan9

I didn't realize it was such an old discussion. I was at moparts forum when someone asked about the car. They said the owner was on this forum. I sure was curious to see one of them. Nice forum!

Budnicks

Quote from: dan9 on November 10, 2011, 09:35:35 AM
I didn't realize it was such an old discussion. I was at moparts forum when someone asked about the car. They said the owner was on this forum. I sure was curious to see one of them. Nice forum!
Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you here...

41husk

Yep, welcome.  Loved the video of Joe still trying to hit on the ladies after all those drinks... I mean years :nana:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Chryco Psycho

A friend of mine owns the  MVP 71 Charger given to Ken Dryden back in 71 . I found the car but could not afford to buy it  :brickwall:

41husk

That would be sweet to have some pics of as well.  Kevin Green who now coaches for green Bay was from my town he used to be the owner of several 3rd gen Chargers.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Chryco Psycho

I have pix but not on this computer .
the car is awesome , Canadiens red with SE interior , every possible option , custom striping ...I should have bought it  :brickwall:

tan top

Quote from: dan9 on November 09, 2011, 01:12:58 PM
I worked for Vaughn Dodge in Beaver Falls when they delivered his 2 Chargers. One was light blue with white top and darker blue interior. The other was yellow with brown top and interior. From what i understand he was given the use of them for one year and then had the option of buying them for $1000 each. His parents were divorced so he gave his dad the blue one and his mother the yellow one. His mother worked near our house and she drove it to work. The blue one was still around that area as of 10 years ago. They were both RT's and loaded with everything except the hemi. If i recall correctly the sticker was like $6900? I got to burn the tires on both cars while gassing them up at the gas station a few blocks away.

hello & welcome Dan9 :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:  thanks for sharing the story !!! & info
other was a yellow 69 with tan top & interior Eh  :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dan9

Thanks for the welcome. I don't have a Charger now but i had 2 68's once. I do have a 69 rr ,nice Chargers here.