News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Joe Namath's '69 Charger R/T *** Updated w/image

Started by JohnnyBee, July 13, 2007, 09:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBee

When Joe Namath and the NY Jets won Super Bowl III, Joe was named MVP. That year Dodge gave the MVP a '69 Charger R/T. Does anyone know if the car is still around?

69DodgeCharger

I hope the suspension fared better than his knees did!
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

The70RT

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on July 13, 2007, 11:53:18 AM

I'm sure the pantyhose he wore didn't help his circulation much  :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: The70RT on July 13, 2007, 12:39:27 PM
Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on July 13, 2007, 11:53:18 AM

I'm sure the pantyhose he wore didn't help his circulation much  :smilielol:

But I bet they helped his bank account! I had forgot all about that commercial til you brought it up.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

41husk

That would be an interesting car to find.  I know when Mark Mcguire broke roger Maris home run record of 61, the Cardinals gave hom a 62 Vett.  I doubt those guys appreciate the cars as we would.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

justin1987

I wonder if there is any way to get the VIN number for that car?  :scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: justin1987 on July 13, 2007, 06:56:47 PM
I wonder if there is any way to get the VIN number for that car?  :scratchchin:

I would like to know as well ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

Does anyone know what color it was? Green with a white bumblebee would be fitting.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

Quote from: 41husk on July 13, 2007, 02:47:46 PM
That would be an interesting car to find.  I know when Mark Mcguire broke roger Maris home run record of 61, the Cardinals gave hom a 62 Vett.  I doubt those guys appreciate the cars as we would.

I don't know about that, I see a lot more professional athletes past and current at auctions than I do other celebs.  I'm not sure I'm arguing against your point either, just saying is all.

70sixpkrt

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

bull

JohnnyBee

Quote from: The70RT on July 13, 2007, 08:29:03 PM
Does anyone know what color it was? Green with a white bumblebee would be fitting.

The Car was sitting outside the stadium. This is the car

69_500

So is  that supposed to be the same charger they were referencing in the Yenko site? As he says it is a bronze car, and that is far from bronze.

JohnnyBee

Quote from: 69_500 on July 14, 2007, 07:51:21 AM
So is  that supposed to be the same charger they were referencing in the Yenko site? As he says it is a bronze car, and that is far from bronze.

This is the car that was outside the stadium that they said was to be given to the MVP, (a few guards around it). So the "Yenko" guy has the wrong color, but then again he is a Chevy guy.  :icon_smile_big:

sailpanel

Still my favorite super bowl. I was just a kid but can remember how Joe got ticked off at a press conference and complained about no one giving them much hope of winning. He made some remark about how they came to play and win, and actually had some in the crowd laugh. The Jets had the last laugh though.
2010 Jeep Commander
1993 W150
2010 Furious Fuchsia Challenger R/T classic

Ghoste

As for the color, I have a bronze cazr and from certain angles when the lighting is right, it can appear reddish like that.  It could be a bronze car.

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

JohnnyBee

Okay, so if the sun can change the color of "Bronze" to "Red", is it also changing the stripe from "Black" to "White"?   :shruggy:

Drache

Quote from: JohnnyBee on July 14, 2007, 08:25:29 PM
Okay, so if the sun can change the color of "Bronze" to "Red", is it also changing the stripe from "Black" to "White"?   :shruggy:

:smilielol:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69_500

If thats a bronze car with a black tail stripe, then they must be refering to one that is somewhere off in the background of the photo.

Does anyone see it peeking out in those tree's in the photo? JK

Ghoste

Okay, I'll give you the stripe evidence. (clowns)  :nana:

dan9

I worked for Vaughn Dodge in Beaver Falls when they delivered his 2 Chargers. One was light blue with white top and darker blue interior. The other was yellow with brown top and interior. From what i understand he was given the use of them for one year and then had the option of buying them for $1000 each. His parents were divorced so he gave his dad the blue one and his mother the yellow one. His mother worked near our house and she drove it to work. The blue one was still around that area as of 10 years ago. They were both RT's and loaded with everything except the hemi. If i recall correctly the sticker was like $6900? I got to burn the tires on both cars while gassing them up at the gas station a few blocks away.

471_Magnum

Thread revived from the dead after more than four years. That's got to be a record of some sort!
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

daveco

Interesting bit of rare "frist hand" information,  :cheers:
R/Tree

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.