News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Daytona NOS Wing

Started by BigBlockSam, July 12, 2007, 11:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Howie

It has been on ebay a couple of times. Too much for me.

69_500

I believe he has had that wing and another one advertised in the WW newsletter for several months now.

Would be nice to have, but I am missing the car to put it on.

wingcar builder

Hey Doug, what are the odds that the wing parts and the rear housing on the invoice the guy has are for this Daytona Buddy crashed?  ~ WcB

Charger1973

Looking at that busted wing makes me wonder how no one got beheaded by flying wing parts in those wrecks.   :scratchchin:

BigBlockSam

QuoteIt has been on ebay a couple of times

i think your mistaking it with a superbird wing that a guy in NJ keeps putting up the picture is very similar. i buy and sell on ebay every day and this is only the second  real daytona wing i see up in two yrs.

hey anybody hear anything from hotrod  lately, you know , Larry
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

wingcar builder

After the Buddy Arrington crash at Daytona NASCAR mandated the wings had to have a cable going up thru the stablizers and attaching all three pieces together.as you can see in the pic it is actually held together by the cables after the crash. Buddy's center stablizer flew real high in the air and almost hit a car on the track.I believe that was the first for cables to be used in NASCAR on body parts like they do today. ~ WcB

Aero426

Quote from: wingcar builder on July 13, 2007, 11:58:53 PM
Hey Doug, what are the odds that the wing parts and the rear housing on the invoice the guy has are for this Daytona Buddy crashed?  ~ WcB

It could be.   I like the bumper sticker on the back of the wreck.  "Buddy Baker, America's #1 Charger".   

Charger1973

Quote from: wingcar builder on July 14, 2007, 07:46:10 AM
After the Buddy Arrington crash at Daytona NASCAR mandated the wings had to have a cable going up thru the stablizers and attaching all three pieces together.as you can see in the pic it is actually held together by the cables after the crash. Buddy's center stablizer flew real high in the air and almost hit a car on the track.I believe that was the first for cables to be used in NASCAR on body parts like they do today. ~ WcB

That is interesting I didnt realize they used cables in the wings.  Cool.   :2thumbs:

A383Wing

I have the cable in my Nascar wing.....

Bryan

wingcar builder

can you post a pic of it please? close up would be great. ~ WcB

BigBlockSam

i think showcar's fiberglass wing has a cable through it , like the nascar wings

daytonalo

Daytona Guy

I have been working hard with the foundry to try and get the price down on the casting process. I think we have done a pattern that will bring the price down. I think this will make a lot of people happy. Right now my goal for the wing price will be $1600.00 finished primed and ready to paint. I think that will place it in the same price range as the good glass wings.

Also, my foundry guy has had pneumonia so that has set me back on getting some wings done. By August I should be ready to role.

E-mail me -

BigBlockSam

daytonalo

TomP

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?