News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior identification

Started by nillle, August 06, 2007, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nillle

Hi! I just bought a 69 Charger. The upholstery is not the original for a Charger. Maybe it comes from another Mopar..?
Does anyone recognize it?
1969 Dodge Charger SE

UFO

The overall size of the seats looks to be right,so i`m guessing its got some custom covers installed on the original frames.

Nacho-RT74

:iagree:

BTW WELCOME...

69 SE... yuummieee. Shame is not A/C
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

I agree too.  It looks like a good old fashioned diamond tuck custom upholstered job.

Brock Samson

welcome to the site.. :wave:

the charger script shouldn't be there and the bottom of the doors should match the rest of the interior...

more info and pics please..

nillle

Thanks for the welcomes :icon_smile_big:

Here are a couple of more pics of the interior.
And I have to agree that the seat frames seem original. At least the hinge covers look like they should.
I hope it's a case of just ripping it off and put on new covers.
1969 Dodge Charger SE

Brock Samson

wow that's like... uh,..  :shruggy:  :smilielol:

anyhow,.. SEs like ours have the leather seat facing on the front seats pretty expensive to buy them and have them installed,.. i decided to improve mine alot more cheaply by buying a genuine tiger skin seat cover...  :yesnod:

JrJohnston

Quote from: nillle on August 07, 2007, 11:39:50 AM
Thanks for the welcomes :icon_smile_big:

Here are a couple of more pics of the interior.
And I have to agree that the seat frames seem original. At least the hinge covers look like they should.
I hope it's a case of just ripping it off and put on new covers.

Depend's on how it was done!If it was done in the early 70's - early 80's you have a 50/50 chance of it,from late 80's to present you can.Back in the 70's and early 80's you still had most of the upholstery guy's that did it the right way,with real press back button's.And from mid-late 80' alot of those guy's retired or died and the ones that kept doing it used the tie on button's.The press back button's tear the foam up,as to where the tie on button's don't do as much damage to the foam.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim