News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody ever heard of Raamat sound deadener

Started by dkn1997, July 12, 2007, 08:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

read on some car audio fourm that this butyl based stuff outperforms the asphalt based products like dynamat.

http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr

looking for a good sound deadener.  installing subframe connectors and I will have the carpet out anyway, so......
RECHRGED

dkn1997

since you pricks let me down... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: ......I researched sound deadeners and found some interesting info.  I read the sound deadener showdown (you can find it on the web) and visited a few car audio chatrooms. 

I found that there are 3 types of sound deadeners:   ashpalt based, butyl/ashphalt based, and butyl based.  butyl was agreed to be the absoulute best.  butyl asphalt was pretty close to butyl.  asphalt, like original dynamat or fatmat is supposedly the worst. uses asphalt that can become "detached" from your floor and has potential to smell. 

so anyway, I looked into raamat and it's a butyl/asphalt that has a high melting point and seems like nice stuff.  I emailed the guy who sells it and he got back to me the next day with some great tips for sound deadening.  I will post the text from work tomorrow, it's saved there.

RECHRGED

rudyjrusa

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 18, 2007, 06:54:43 PM
since you pricks let me down... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: ......I researched sound deadeners and found some interesting info.  I read the sound deadener showdown (you can find it on the web) and visited a few car audio chatrooms. 

I found that there are 3 types of sound deadeners:   ashpalt based, butyl/ashphalt based, and butyl based.  butyl was agreed to be the absoulute best.  butyl asphalt was pretty close to butyl.  asphalt, like original dynamat or fatmat is supposedly the worst. uses asphalt that can become "detached" from your floor and has potential to smell. 

so anyway, I looked into raamat and it's a butyl/asphalt that has a high melting point and seems like nice stuff.  I emailed the guy who sells it and he got back to me the next day with some great tips for sound deadening.  I will post the text from work tomorrow, it's saved there.

hi - i am trying to add insulaiton to the roof and firewall - dynamat is too expensive for me - did the RAAMAT stuff work out alright??