News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

would you do it?? 61 bel air's for a 67 imp fastback

Started by 73-charger-383, July 12, 2007, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73-charger-383

i know it's chevy stuff, but it's leftover stuff from my mispent youth as a chevy diehard.  --I've got two 61 bel air four doors, both pretty beat, but definatly workable.  Both have the original inline sixes and three speeds.  Between the two, you could put together a rust free body, with only a few bulletholes to patch, and the interiors are shot as far as seat and panels, the dash and instruments are great.

-I had a guy call me who wants to trade a 67 impala fastback for the two of them.  The imp. is mostly solid, but both rear quarters and the front drivers fenders need some serious work/replacement.  The interior is dirty but pretty decent.  The trim is great and so are the doors, hood, grille, and trunk.  It was originally a 327 car with a powerglide (i think) but the engine is gone.  -I'd post pics, but the dang camera died before i could take any.........

would you trade em?, or hold on to the bel airs and part em out on ebay?

BMOTOXSTAR

I would sell them or part them out on E-Bay & take the profit & buy another Charger or Charger parts! :Twocents: :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

PocketThunder

Trade.  1 project car is better than 2 sitting around.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

I'd swap him for the '67 just 'cause it's easier to get rid of one car than two, then I'd sell the '67 & get Charger parts.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

19Charger68

Being the owner of a 67 Impala, I say trade!  Yours can look like this someday.
Bruce

ChargerRT440

Quote from: 19Charger68 on July 12, 2007, 02:56:33 PM
Being the owner of a 67 Impala, I say trade!  Yours can look like this someday.
My moms aunt and uncle's wedding car was exactly the same as that one. lol this was back when the car was new.

19Charger68

Charger 440RT:  Maybe this is your parents old car if it was exactly like this.  They didn't make may 67 SS427's in 67.  I've been trying to track down the history on this car forever with no luck.  Where did your parents live?
Bruce

69Coronet

Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

pettyfan43

I'd trade in a fast second! I think 65-68 Impala fastbacks are some of the coolest Chevy sheetmetal ever stamped! Of course being that I own a 66 Charger, I'm kinda partial to fastbacks!

41husk

I would love to get a 61 car, my birth year, but I don't realy like any of the mopars from 61 :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger-Bodie

61 chebbies are pretty cool imo but not in a 4 door ....get the 67 sell it use the cash for whatever!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bandit67

I have two 67 SS Imps, one done , the other , waiting.  Trade the four doors for the two door.  No matter what you do, fix up the 67 or just keep it from rotting more, the 67 will just bring more money , now, and in the future............J

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 41husk on July 12, 2007, 08:10:06 PM
I would love to get a 61 car, my birth year, but I don't realy like any of the mopars from 61 :shruggy:
Not my birth year, however I agree on the 61' opinion.
:iagree:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Silver R/T

Bel airs being 4 doors will never be as expensive as 67 will be. Id definitely go for the impala.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TruckDriver

'67 Impala fastback is one of my favorite cars :yesnod: Get it!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Brock Samson

the '67 imp is a two door?..
i'd much rather have one of those then two four doors...
lets see some pics of these SS 427s PLEASE!!!  :popcrn:

19Charger68

O.K. Brock, I'll post some more pictures of our SS427 in a little while.
Bruce

19Charger68

Here you go Brock
Bruce

19Charger68

Some more
Bruce

19Charger68

But of course, the true love of my automotive life is this one!
Bruce

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

19Charger68

Thanks 41Husk.  It's fun to drive - but not quite as fun as the Charger!
Bruce

Charger1973

Brock Samson

i think thats the biggist trunk panel i've ever seen...  :smilielol: thansk nice!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

wjmopar

That is a sweeeet 67SS!!!  Definitely make the trade :2thumbs:
If you can't Dodge it,
RAM it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drache

Hey since there seems to be allot of impala lovers here I figured I'd ask. This car isn't far from where my father lives and it was on his mind about starting to fix it up. The car is a '68 Impala Convertible and comes with a parts car. The 327 is out of the car and looked partially rebuilt although I didn't get a chance to ask. Has a 2 speed powerglide transmission as well. New ball joints in the front end, tire rods, etc. The guy wants $3500 obo CDN for both cars. I'll hopefully be getting better pictures soon.

I've also been told that the 327 and tranny are both numbers matching and that the car is all original so far except the rebuild on the engine. The lady who owned the car has owned it for the past 15 years and bought it from the original owner. I've got about 30+ pictures in my email now of the car!

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

73-charger-383

update on the impala..............i guess it wasn't meant to be.  the guy called back last night and said done deal, just give me $800.00 to boot.  I politely told him not a chance, if i'm gonna be spending anything on a car right now, it's gonna be my charger.  --so, i've still got two 61 bel airs just waiting to get parted out on ebay..............