News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Wheels, New Tires, New Stance!

Started by TripleBlackGator, July 11, 2007, 08:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Steve P. on July 11, 2007, 11:16:46 AM
Hey triple black, if you get a chance I would like you to do me a big favor. Can you measure the fatest part of the tire for me?? Inside to outside.  I have been looking for something to put on my 65' Coronet for ages. I know I can fit a 10 inch w/5" BS wheel in the well, but want to know for sure the tires are not going to be to wide in the side walls.

Hey Steve. The measurement from inner sidewall to outer sidewall in just over 11". I would say 11.25 inches. From what I know of '65 Coronets I don't see that dimension being problematic in terms of a stock rear wheelwell. Hope the info helps.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

chargerboy69

Triple Black,

Nice car. . . But I have to know how you did your taillights? I have a black 69 and would love to do that to mine.

Thanks. Tim
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 12, 2007, 09:25:25 AM
Triple Black,

Nice car. . . But I have to know how you did your taillights? I have a black 69 and would love to do that to mine.

Thanks. Tim

Here you go chargerboy69. His name is Jon and here is his website.  http://www.jonstintedtails.com/index.htm   Mine was the first muscle car he did. He mostly does late models with convex shapes. The concave Charger tail light made him rethink his procedure but I can honestly say they look great. He can tint them in various shades of darkness and there is a picture gallery on his site as well. Hopefully mine will be added (I am sending him pictures) so people will know he can do older cars too.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TripleBlackGator

Here you go Brock and some of you others. This is where it was before I leveled it out. I think I will split the difference and bring the front down halfway of where it was to where it is now.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on July 12, 2007, 10:35:24 AM
Here you go Brock and some of you others. This is where it was before I leveled it out. I think I will split the difference and bring the front down halfway of where it was to where it is now.

That pic..

In my book, that´s perfect :cheers: :cheers:
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: NorwayCharger on July 12, 2007, 11:22:32 AM
Quote from: TripleBlackGator on July 12, 2007, 10:35:24 AM

That pic..

In my book, that´s perfect :cheers: :cheers:

There's 3 Norway....which one?

Steve P.

The first pic. in this latest series is perfect....  I love it..   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

kamkuda

Quote from: Steve P. on July 12, 2007, 12:33:33 PM

I agree.  It looks awesome.  Nice job and it will stand out in a crowd ! :2thumbs:  I like the taillights too!

Charger_Fan

I've gotta agree, the stance looks perfect now. :thumbs:
To me, what makes it look perfect is that there's exactly the same distance between the top of the rim & the top of the wheel well on both front & rear. It emphasizes the natural slope of the body as the eye follows it forward.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Hemidog

That car looks PERFECT in that last pic, don't change a thing!  :2thumbs:

69charger2002

GREAT looking car triple. looks a little bit like my wife's car i just finished up. well almost. it's getting new A/C and power windows at the moment

BTW what size tires and wheels did you use?
trav

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69-DodgeCharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 11, 2007, 01:43:05 PM
28 inches tall in the rear is what i wanted too,.. same as slicks..  :icon_smile_wink:
tinted the glas a shade darker too eh?..
  :slap:   :smilielol:
check out my stance... i call it nose down jackrabbit..  :yesnod:

thats the stance i want mine to have! that looks real sweet man

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 12, 2007, 03:30:30 PM
GREAT looking car triple. looks a little bit like my wife's car i just finished up. well almost. it's getting new A/C and power windows at the moment

BTW what size tires and wheels did you use?
trav

Thanks 69charger2002. Check out the first page. The wheel and tire dimentions are listed there.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: Steve P. on July 12, 2007, 12:33:33 PM

:thumbs:
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Brock Samson

ok, to me,.. to be truthful the stance is a bit high,.. i don't know what fender rubbing issues if any, your dealing with, but i'd drop the old gal at least an inch.. in back and 1 1/2" in front...  but that's just me...

chargerboy69

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 13, 2007, 08:51:22 AM
    ok, to me,.. to be truthful the stance is a bit high,.. i don't know what fender rubbing issues if any, your dealing with, but i'd drop the old gal at least an inch.. in back and 1 1/2" in front...  but that's just me...

I have to agree with Strat. I would drop it more in the front and in the rear too.

I have mine lowered in the front just before it hits the rubber bumpers and lowered 1 1/2 inches in the rear, and I love it.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Brock Samson

again just for comparo here's SFBULLETT's it looks level but lower..

BTW: travis's looks GREAT! but i'd like to see more pics...  :popcrn:

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 13, 2007, 09:53:36 AM
again just for comparo here's SFBULLETT's it looks level but lower..

If SFBULLET's is lower it's not by much. Judging by the sidewalls I believe that car my be running 20's front and back. Looks lower given the amount of sidewall showing at the top. I could be wrong though but they just don't look like 18's.

Lostsheep

1970Moparmann

Tripleblack,

Car looks killer. Do you have stock springs on the back? :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 30, 2009, 08:46:59 AM
Tripleblack,

Car looks killer. Do you have stock springs on the back? :2thumbs:

Yes they are stock springs. I did have the Super Stockers on the car for about 15 years but the look had become dated and I wanted a change. I am having slight interference with the rear tires and that "hump" inside the fenderwell. My only solution (without cutting the car) would be to order the same wheels with a 5.5" offset vs. the 5" offset it has now. Anyone interested in a pair of JYD's with about 40 miles on them? LOL.

gers1968rt

That's a great looking 70. My first ride in a charger was like that one, when I was 14 years old.  :yesnod:
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.