News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Wheels, New Tires, New Stance!

Started by TripleBlackGator, July 11, 2007, 08:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleBlackGator

Next....New engine.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Brock Samson

:scope: sure stands out and up like that... :smilielol:  what's the numbers?.. i guess your gonna take some hits from the numbers matching crowd....  :RantExplode:    :rofl:

NorwayCharger

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on July 11, 2007, 08:32:43 AM
Next....New engine.

:scope: :scope:
Me like a lot, maybe a little lower on the front for a better stance ?

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: NorwayCharger on July 11, 2007, 10:11:17 AM
Quote from: TripleBlackGator on July 11, 2007, 08:32:43 AM
Next....New engine.

:scope: :scope:
Me like a lot, maybe a little lower on the front for a better stance ?

Hey Norway!! They are exactly like yours except for 5" backspacing in the rear. I was playing with height both front and rear when I took these pictures. I know what your saying about the front being lower and it was at first. I'm undecided right now. I may drop the front just enough to where you can't see the inner fender past the top of the tire. Just a hint of a nose down stance. I was spinning around the car with a tape measure trying to get every corner even.

If anyone forgot or never knew Norways wheels and specs they are: Boyd Coddington Junk Yard Dogs. Rears are 18 X 10 with 5" backspace. (Norways are 4.5" in the rear but he removed the inner fender "hump".)  Rear tires are Nitto 555 Extremes at 295/45R18. Front wheels are 17 X 8 with 4.5" backspace. Front tires are Nitto 555 Extremes at 245/45R17.

There was another person on here with a red Charger with the same combo but I forget his name.  :confused:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 11, 2007, 10:02:34 AM
:scope: sure stands out and up like that... :smilielol:  what's the numbers?.. i guess your gonna take some hits from the numbers matching crowd....  :RantExplode:    :rofl:

Are you talking about the engine numbers Brock? If so then yes the original engine will be pulled and wrapped up all nice and safe for when I retire and take it back to original. I saved every piece that was taken off the car over the years. The only thing I can't find (YET!) is the original washer bottle but I think when I really clean house I will find it.

TripleBlackGator

I forgot about the tinted taillights. Below are before and after pictures. Oh and yes the originals were pulled, cleaned, and bubble wrapped and placed in a nice big rubbermaid container. The ones I had tinted were purchased off eBay.

Steve P.

Hey trippple black, if you get a chance I would like you to do me a big favor. Can you measure the fatest part of the tire for me?? Inside to outside.  I have been looking for something to put on my 65' Coronet for ages. I know I can fit a 10 inch w/5" BS wheel in the well, but want to know for sure the tires are not going to be to wide in the side walls.

I was able to find out these tires are 28.45 inches tall. This is perfect. Also the tread width is 11.61. But no measurement for the BULGE.  Wish I could try one of your for fitment..  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

gnrl01

Tripleblack that looks awesome!! If I had a 70 I would want it to look just like that nice job man!! :2thumbs:

Charger1973

Looks great but I agree to try dropping the front just a little.  I like the taillights too, I have a friend with a black mustang who did that years ago.  I always thought it was a cool look on a black car. 

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Steve P. on July 11, 2007, 11:16:46 AM
Hey triple black, if you get a chance I would like you to do me a big favor. Can you measure the fatest part of the tire for me?? Inside to outside.  I have been looking for something to put on my 65' Coronet for ages. I know I can fit a 10 inch w/5" BS wheel in the well, but want to know for sure the tires are not going to be to wide in the side walls.

I was able to find out these tires are 28.45 inches tall. This is perfect. Also the tread width is 11.61. But no measurement for the BULGE.  Wish I could try one of your for fitment..  ;)

Steve, I will have that measurement for you tomorrow. The wheels are 10" wide and the sidewall doesn't bulge much so I can't see them being much over 10" but I will check. That is unless Norway or Sydmoe (that's his name!) replies first. Right now the car is not with me so I can't take the measurement until tomorrow.

PS: Here is Sydmoe's Picture and post. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,29626.0.html

Brock Samson

28 inches tall in the rear is what i wanted too,.. same as slicks..  :icon_smile_wink:
tinted the glas a shade darker too eh?..
  :slap:   :smilielol:
check out my stance... i call it nose down jackrabbit..  :yesnod:

Mass_Mopar

looks great :2thumbs:  I agree, if you drop the nose about an inch it will look killer :yesnod:  I just ordered 17x7 and 18x9.5 Centerline Soft Tails for my '70.  I'm getting almost the exact same tires too, Nitto NT555 235/45/ZR17 up front and NT555 295/45/ZR18 out back.  How much did you pay for tires and where did you get them?  I'm looking for mine on ebay.
:cheers:
-Nick
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

Paul G

I like it. I like the up in the air look.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Steve P.

Quote from: Paul G on July 11, 2007, 03:24:22 PM

Easy now there trooper..... :rofl: :lol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Goldfinger71

Hey Triple"
......Your car is ugly! :D    JK
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Charger_Fan

Looks pretty schweet! :thumbs:
The tinted taillights on a black Charger looks pretty sinister, too. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

firefighter3931

Those JYD's look Killer.....most excellent choice !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

THAT LOOKS MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE I'D LOWER THE T BARS IN FRONT A LITTLE, BUT THAT IS JUST ME..LOOKS KILLER :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

V/R
MIKE
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Mass_Mopar on July 11, 2007, 03:05:43 PM
looks great :2thumbs:  I agree, if you drop the nose about an inch it will look killer :yesnod:  I just ordered 17x7 and 18x9.5 Centerline Soft Tails for my '70.  I'm getting almost the exact same tires too, Nitto NT555 235/45/ZR17 up front and NT555 295/45/ZR18 out back.  How much did you pay for tires and where did you get them?  I'm looking for mine on ebay.
:cheers:
-Nick

I ordered them from Newstalgia Wheels.  http://www.newstalgiawheels.com  If you order 4 wheels and 4 tires they will mount, balance, and ship for free! As far as price? Check their website. They have a really nice assortment of wheels and tires and of course every combination carries a different price tag. They also have that neat little program on their site that allows you to pick your car, the color, and mix and match wheels, tires, and sizes to help you get an idea of what your car would look like with any wheel and tire they carry.

I may come down maybe a half to three quarter of an inch in the front. Just a slight rake. Never did care much for the "snowplow" look. No offense.  :D

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 11, 2007, 01:43:05 PM
tinted the glas a shade darker too eh?..

Good eyes Brock. Yes the glass has been tinted...lightly.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Paul G on July 11, 2007, 03:24:22 PM

That browm 3rd gen is sweeeeet! :drool5:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

mikesbbody

tbg, that looks great! I have gone from thinking id "NEVER" run larger than "15's" to seriously liking the look! If i had the $ id buy some 17-18's so i could switch back and forth. good job  :2thumbs:

CB

Wow very nice looking combo! Love those wheels!  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ghoste

Wow, Tripleblack if that isn't the ultimate in sinister for a car, I don't know what is.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: