News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some paint on the PIG !

Started by firefighter3931, July 10, 2007, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

After what seems like an eternity the 68 finally has some color on it. I had a difficult time choosing, but in the end triple black won out.  :icon_smile_big:

The car started out as a rust free desert car but there were some old dents that had to be massaged out and a lot of fill was removed....my body guy said that the car should be about 20lbs lighter.  :lol:

The car got a lot of attention while at his shop with numerous offers to buy....one guy asked 5 times !  :o

All total he had 115 hrs into this paint & bodywork and did a fantastic job....the car looks killer.  :2thumbs:

Now the fun begins....putting it back together. I sure hope i can remember where everything goes.....

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Awesome Ron! :2thumbs: I'm jealous. You're going to keep those wheels on it, right? :yesnod:

Charger1973

I had never seen a pic of your car before.  She looks real nice.   :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69-DodgeCharger

thats just amazing, loving it!

Ghoste

Looks great Ron.  You know, you're so busy helping all of us, I sometimes forget that you have your own projects.  Where the hell do you find the time?

THE CHARGER PUNK

mikesbbody

that looks too cool ron!   :2thumbs: i love triple black chargers  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

:drool5: nice paint!  that second shot really shows the hundreds of hours of work!!!!  :2thumbs: i was gonna tease ya' about yet another black charger but DAMN that looks good!  :notworthy:

i know your proud.. i am and it ain't even my car..  :lol:

8WHEELER

Congrats Ron  :cheers: :cheers:  looking sweet,  68 yet another good thing we have in common  :2thumbs:

However, we will have to have a discusion on your wheel tire combo   :slap:  :smilielol:

Most everything will come back to you, if not we are here for ya bud  :icon_smile_big:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ron they did a fantastic job!   Keep us updated on the reassembly progress.... :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BrianShaughnessy

:2thumbs:

Looking good!   You made the right choice with the color!  :coolgleamA:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

kamkuda

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 11, 2007, 05:38:21 AM
:2thumbs:

Looking good!   You made the right choice with the color!  :coolgleamA:
I agree and the red strips looks awesome.

The body lines look perfect.  The paint looks awesome.

Time to make some room for her in the Garage. :cheers:

6pkrunner

Very nice Ron. Gotta love triple black. :2thumbs:

rt green

very very nice. i can see why that guy wanted to buy it!!!!!!!!  you wont be able to take it nowhere without people crowding around it.    bruce
third string oil changer

Chris G.

Man that looks nice. It's glowing. The stripe looks orange on my monitor. Red or Orange, it works either way.  :2thumbs:

I can't wait for the final product. You and Troy know how much I love those 68's.  ;)

plum500

Awesome. Great combo and a fine looking Charger. :2thumbs:

dodgecharger-fan

Beautiful!

Looking at that, I'm thinking I have to haul my car back up to your neck of the woods to get it painted..

firefighter3931

Thanks guys.....i appreciate the positive comments.  ;)

The wheels will be gonzo !  :lol:

The stripe is definately Red ! This car is like the exact opposite of Dan's car which i just luv. My 70 will be red with black stripes....just like 8 Wheeler's.  :icon_smile_cool:

Brian (1 hot 68) pointed out that there's too much flat black on the tail panel...that will be fixed. Thanks for pointing that out Brian.   :yesnod:

Special thanks for member and good buddy Kevin (Blown68) for helping with the transport and loading of the beast.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Blown68Coronet

Hey Ron
No problem!! Always good to help a brother out!
I was going to mention your choice of wheels for the ol girl wasn't doin her any justice!LOL :D

She'll look killer with the Pro Stars and drag radials. Now we just have to piece her back together.

Lookin forward to the first ride! :drive:

six-tee-nine

oh yeah black with a red stripe....

Definatly my choise to when i get mine done.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Steve P.

Did anyone expect anything less than a perfect body and paint?? I think I'm going to be trailering my 65' a long ways to get her painted when the time comes..

She's nothing less than perfect Ron.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   Now I realllly wish I had more time up home (AND A PASSPORT).. Maybe I'll grab my buddy Gary's boat and make a run for it.. Hahaha....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Back N Black

Looks awesome Ron! :drool5: looks like my car got a evil cousin, even got the same wheels and tires.

tan top

looks awesome  :yesnod: , would love to see more pictures as you progress :popcrn:           :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html