News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lost a family member

Started by Ghoste, September 19, 2005, 06:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Not looking for shoulders to cry on, just paying my respects a little bit.  A first cousin of mine was killed last night in a bike accident and since he was a Mopar guy, I guess this is my pseudo eulogy.
We hadn't seen each other much in the last several years with being in different cities and doing the child raising bit and all, but we were the same age so we did hang around a bit when we were younger.
He was a fuselage styling fan and had a 71 Road Runner and a 73 Charger.  In 1983 we drove his Cordoba Charger to the Nats in Indy.  It was about a 76 or 77.  One of the disco Daytona's.  We had to sleep in it the first night because the motels were full.  They aren't made for sleeping I can tell you that.  He did let me drive it around the Indy 500 track when they were letting us do laps.
There was another night when we were out in one of my old cars (a 69 Charger) and I won't tell the whole story but to this day, his first wife will not get into a car with me (that could be a good thing).
Anyway, thanks for the space and goodbye to a Charger brother.  I'll see you later Jeff.

Lowprofile

God Bless Bro. He will be in my thoughts & Prayers. :angel:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger_Fan

That sucks, Man.
It sounds like you've got lots of fond memories, though & those will live on with you all your days.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

RD

There was a time when the exhaust filled the room,
The 440's, 340's, and 273's went vroom, vroom, and vroom.

The memory shows pictures of mopars long done,
But my heart has stop beating for my cousin has gone.

Those third gens and fourth gens he loved so much,
And that ride in my charger that gave him a rush.

So do not forget him, please do not shed a tear,
Because he slammed down the throttle and is smoking’ first gear.

There is no need to worry, no crying like mice,
Because God does not drive chevy's, ford's or rice.

So alas he has left us on this ol' Rocky Mount,
But his mopar in heaven is revving for a burnout.

Life is too short for all of us to forget,
That today a fellow brother has now forever left.

God Bless You Ghoste.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

Sorry to hear that man. He musta been great to have around.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

Well, I appreciate that guys.   As I said, I haven't seen him much in the last ten years but we did manage to have a few laughs when we were younger and like you say, I get to hang on to that stuff.   I feel worse for the kids and his immediate family, that's where the loss will sting the most.
We all go through it though don't we?   The circle.

Thanks.

ChargerAndy

I lost my father this past June. My condolences to you and your family....... its a tough thing.  Andy

Charged

You know it was only targeted towards one person, but...Wish Id known this before I posted what I posted in the flame thread Ghoste. I cant imagine how sickening that must have made you feel. Anyway, without mentioning specifics, I appoligize for what you and I both know you read.  And my condolences as well.

Charged

ChargerRob

Sorry to hear about your loss Ghoste.   :'(   I just found out that a friend and co-worker of mine was killed in a bike accident coming home from Las Vegas yesterday. God Bless You.
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

41husk

condolences! sorry to here about your loss.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ipstrategies

Ghoste sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Memories will stay, no one can take them away.

This has been a year to remember lost loved ones. My nephew (18) died in April and my uncle last week so my family knows as my uncle like you cousins memories are from my younger days when his son and I were messing with cars and he woul be the one that would pick us up when we broke down.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

MoparYoungGun

Sorry to hear about that Ghoste. I know how ruff it can be to loose a family member. You and your family will be in my prayers.

cudaken

Ghoste, first let me I am sorry for your lost. Nothing I or anyone can help you with your greif.

On a driffrent note, I was at the Nats in Indy in 83 as well. Small Mopar world. I had my 68 Runner there and my American Eskimo was chained to the front bumper when I she not walking with me looking at the cars.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Brock Samson

:o you really know how to treat a gal..

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Johnny SixPack

You have my thoughts and prayers, Ghoste.

As others have said, there will always be the happy memories you have.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

mopar_madman

Sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger