News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Canada Mopar madness sky bridge pic's

Started by 8WHEELER, July 10, 2007, 05:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Another great show up in Canada, every year it rains on the way up there ''9yrs in a row now''
But get over the boarder and it stops, and in a couple hours it starts warming up, then by noon the
sun starts coming out and its perfect weather to drive 3hrs home in  :vert:  and with a first place trophy  :yesnod: :yesnod:

I did not see CHARGERPUNK this year? you guys would not believe it, he is very quite and shy
in person, '' I know hard to believe'' But give him a key board and look out  ;D

My wife went up on the over pass walk bridge and took a few cool shots, this was the
first mopar event of any kind that there was not one wing car there, it was very strange, in
all the past years there has been at least six birds and a couple Daytona's   :shruggy:

I think there was six of our members there, but I did not meet one of them, and I am
very easy to spot  :yesnod: :yesnod:  and so is old Red   :icon_smile_cool:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 8WHEELER on July 10, 2007, 05:04:54 PM

I think there was six of our members there, but I did not meet one of them, and I am

Dan

Oh well, their loss.  You remember what we talked about people thinking we are diseased and it's catchy.  ::)

:notworthy:  Woo hoo!! Congrats on the trophy Dan.  Well deserved, I can never tire looking at your car.  Neat pix.
Are you coming down here next weekend?  All Mopar show in a Park Saturday in Salem and the Nationals in Woodburn on Sunday.  I'll admit, it's a little much for one weekend.  Especially driving home Saturday night.

8WHEELER

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 10, 2007, 05:21:30 PM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on July 10, 2007, 05:04:54 PM

Dan

Oh well, their loss.  You remember what we talked about people thinking we are diseased and it's catchy.  ::)

:notworthy:  Woo hoo!! Congrats on the trophy Dan.  Well deserved, I can never tire looking at your car.  Neat pix.
Are you coming down here next weekend?  All Mopar show in a Park Saturday in Salem and the Nationals in Woodburn on Sunday.  I'll admit, it's a little much for one weekend.  Especially driving home Saturday night.

Yep Mike, one look at 'US'' and one thing comes to mind to people ''he's got something I don't want''   :smilielol: :smilielol:

This show was much better than the Seattle show this year, except Mike's Hemi car was not there to kick
my but, it is funny, one meet you will win, then the next one I win try and figure that out  :shruggy:

I wanted to head south this year, but I am doing the disc brakes on my car ''FINALLY'' and I don't think
I can count on everything to be ready to go this weekend, kind of a bummer timing, I really wanted to go  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I did make a mistake, Steve was there in his sweet low mile 66 Charger, and we had another great get together.
He is such a great guy and friend, for some reason I forget he is on this site sorry Steve   :image_294343:

1st car, Steve's sweet 66
2nd an 3rd anther friend Steve, 383 Shaker car won best in show.........
4th 70 Hemi auto column shift car, with 34k miles

Dan

The70RT

Was that 70 hemi on ebay a while back? Nice pics Dan. That Chally sure is sweet.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8WHEELER

Quote from: The70RT on July 10, 2007, 06:00:46 PM
Was that 70 hemi on ebay a while back? Nice pics Dan. That Chally sure is sweet.

That is very possible, it has changed owners at least 3 times in the last four years.
I don't remember seeing it on ebay, but a friend of mine just bought it from an owner
out of Vegas.

Dan

Lowprofile

Great pictures Dan! Thanks Bro! I look forward to one day meeting all of my "Northwest" brothers. But with my Job, I only see the ranch 2-3 times a year!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ghoste

8WHEELER

Quote from: Ghoste on July 10, 2007, 07:14:24 PM
See any Mod Top Daytonas?  :D :rofl:

:haha: :haha:  nope  :musik010:   There was one 70 there with its original black Gator
grain top, you can't tell by the pictures though, pretty rare to see   :yesnod: :yesnod:

Dan

Argos_Chargers

Thanks for the mention Dan!  It's always great to see you and Patty out with "Old Red".  I hope you make it to the Northwest Chapter show in Oak Harbor on August 19 (how's that for a shameless plug?)  I hope to see the California and Oregon members who couldn't make it to BC at the TDC meet in Eureka, CA on the 25th and 26th of August!  I hope to meet as many members fo this board as I can over time.

Argo
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

miamivice

Dan you are supposed to tell me about these things!  I would have went to that show, looks like a great time and lots of mopars :icon_smile_cool:
Next year we can up cruise together :icon_smile_wink:

Rubberduck

Very nice pics, Dan. Thank you.

Where did the show take place in Canada?

Shot at 2007-07-11

Mario
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

firefighter3931

Cool show.....the Pacific northwest area is just breathtaking.....i'd luv to live there !

Dan, big congrats on taking home some hardware  :2thumbs:.....did you declare the trophy when you crossed back over the border  ;)

Very cool !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BMOTOXSTAR

Post some 3rd gen pic's.  :drool5:
That show looked like fun.
:2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Brock Samson

Thanks!
nice to see some decent overview pics,...
so who is going to the C. Reg. meet in Eureka?..
I doing a major thrash on the Skunk to get her ship shape for it...

8WHEELER

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 11, 2007, 08:32:06 AM
Cool show.....the Pacific northwest area is just breathtaking.....i'd luv to live there !

Dan, big congrats on taking home some hardware  :2thumbs:.....did you declare the trophy when you crossed back over the border  ;)

Very cool !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron

Hey Ron

Funny you would say that, last year coming back over the boarder, the boarder guard was asking
me things, then he comes up with ''SO YOU WON AN AWARD'' I am thinking to myself, how the
heck did he figure that out. So I said yes actually I did, a little more BS and then I get back on the
highway and asked my wife how the hell he figured that out  :scratchchin:  she says well the trophy
was on the back seat......... I had not known where she put it, now I know the rest of the story  :icon_smile_big:

Dan

8WHEELER

Here we are in the morning going over boarder in the morning ''first pick''

The second pic cracks me up  ;D  WELCOME TO AMERICA ''SLOW DOWN''   :smilielol: :smilielol: Darn they take
the fun out of coming home  :yesnod:

Dan

8WHEELER

Quote from: Rubberduck on July 11, 2007, 03:55:00 AM
Very nice pics, Dan. Thank you.

Where did the show take place in Canada?

Mario

It was just 20min over the boader in Langley.

Dan

hemi68charger

Nice pics Dan !!!!   Thanks for sharing.. The '68's looking great........ Now, what's this "sky bridge"?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

firefighter3931

Quote from: 8WHEELER on July 11, 2007, 01:19:21 PM
Hey Ron

Funny you would say that, last year coming back over the boarder, the boarder guard was asking
me things, then he comes up with ''SO YOU WON AN AWARD'' I am thinking to myself, how the
heck did he figure that out. So I said yes actually I did, a little more BS and then I get back on the
highway and asked my wife how the hell he figured that out  :scratchchin:  she says well the trophy
was on the back seat......... I had not known where she put it, now I know the rest of the story  :icon_smile_big:

Dan

That's pretty funny.....sometimes i think those border guards have ESP.  :scratchchin:

Or sharp eyes  :scope:

At least they didn't charge you duty on the trophy  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Lowprofile

Hey Dan, where did you guys cross? Blane,Wa? Just wondering.....thats where we cross with WWE when we do shows in Vancouver.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

71ChallengeHer

Congrats :2thumbs: :cheers: Beautiful pics, thanks for posting them.

8WHEELER

Quote from: Lowprofile on July 12, 2007, 04:14:08 AM
Hey Dan, where did you guys cross? Blane,Wa? Just wondering.....thats where we cross with WWE when we do shows in Vancouver.

I prefer the Blane truck crossing, there was only two cars in front of me that morning, so
I only had to wait about 2min in line it was great. It puts you right there in Langley, about
10min from the car show. I have not been to a show in Vancouver yet, maybe this
weekend if everything works out.

Dan

Charger_Fan

Thanks for sharing those pics! Great lookin' cars & beautiful scenery. :drool5:

Rubberduck, I like your shot too. :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RECHRGD

Great pics Dan.  Wish I was there.  I'm retiring here in a week or so.  Maybe I'll have more time to get over to your side of the hill if Sherol waives some of my honey-do requirements that have been building up over the years. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

OldGuy

Dan,
Congrats on the award.  Of course, your car always gets an award no matter what show you are at. :2thumbs:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".