News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hardcore Racing - Were they at Carlylse??

Started by Dodge Don, July 09, 2007, 02:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

Was Hardcore Racing at Carlysle showing their full quarters?

Anyone have any legit info on them?

Spike

Just 6T9 CHGR

They weren't there but Auto Metal Direct was....their stuff looked & felt real nice.....I hope their prices are the same way!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30067.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

I didn't see them either, but AMD (Auto Metal Direct) was there with a lot of their prototype sheet metal on display. They had the '68 to '69 hood, full floors, L & R fenders, (Inner bracing was in yet) tail panel, & more. No pricing yet, but seeing the items on display is very promising. They didn't look too shabby, but without the inner bracing on the fenders, they felt flimsy & hard to tell just yet. The guy I spoke to said "SOON" for the availabilty.   :cheers:

They even had a '69 Road Runner hood with the cut outs for the air grabber inlets. I've been wanting one for my satellite & keep seeing expensive, rusty ones, but this may mean a brands new hood for my car.  :D

ECHO............ECHO.............echo.........echo   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bsakal

the auto metal direct guy told me the fender pricing was going to be $500-650.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Brock Samson

drink some of todd's PBR while you wait...   :nana:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: bsakal on July 09, 2007, 03:29:26 PM
the auto metal direct guy told me the fender pricing was going to be $500-650.

He'll be seeing lots of my money  :cheers:

Mike DC

Hardcore Racing was publicly displaying some fresh panel stampings at "Dukesfest" last month.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new stuff from Auto Metal Direct can't be far away from the catalogs.  If they're already displaying stampings of the "money shot" pieces like the skins of the fenders, then they're probably just about ready to start the presses.

Troy

Didn't see hardcore but I saw a bunch of stuff from AMD. The 69 tail panels are obviously out now and some of the trunk pieces (gutters, filler panel, etc.) are very close. Keep your eyes peeled on the "News" box. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dkn1997

Quote from: Troy on July 09, 2007, 05:04:38 PM
Didn't see hardcore but I saw a bunch of stuff from AMD. The 69 tail panels are obviously out now and some of the trunk pieces (gutters, filler panel, etc.) are very close. Keep your eyes peeled on the "News" box. ;)

Troy

between that and the comment about a group buy in another thread, me thinks troy knows something..... :icon_smile_big:
RECHRGED

Dan T

What I've been wondering is, what will the difference be between the AMD trunk/floor pans with comparison to the stuff that year one and sherman has been selling for years??
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Dodge Don

The reason I asked is because after going on 3 months they still have not shipped their full quarters. They said they had issues with test fits and had to re-tool to correct. My shop is waiting for these to move forward.

It's been weeks with no updates, they aren't responding to e-mails, their main phone number changed and when I call the direct numbers I have the voice mail boxes are full.

May be nothing.......but it smells off. I've cancelled my order and if I don't get a refund this week I'll have by credit card issuer charge them back for non receipt of merchandise.

I'll talk to Jeremy at AMD.

Aero426

Quote from: Dodge Don on July 10, 2007, 05:46:09 AM
The reason I asked is because after going on 3 months they still have not shipped their full quarters. They said they had issues with test fits and had to re-tool to correct. My shop is waiting for these to move forward.

It's been weeks with no updates, they aren't responding to e-mails, their main phone number changed and when I call the direct numbers I have the voice mail boxes are full.

May be nothing.......but it smells off. I've cancelled my order and if I don't get a refund this week I'll have by credit card issuer charge them back for non receipt of merchandise.

I'll talk to Jeremy at AMD.

Chris Perry of Hardcore has been silent on the Moparts board since the end of May.    That was after 8 pages of discussion on those quarters.    It does not smell right. 

Ghoste

Some folks didn't think it smelled right from the very beginning.  :shruggy:
I don't want to see aftermarket sheet metal guys abandon us though, things are just starting to look better.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on July 10, 2007, 11:56:23 AM
I don't want to see aftermarket sheet metal guys abandon us though, things are just starting to look better.
I agree on both counts. :yesnod:

Assuming things keep going well with AMD, I'm predicting that by this time next year Year One & others will be dropping their current replacement stuff in favor of AMD's stuff. Actually, I hope AMD holds out for a couple years without letting some of the larger distributors into the game...make 'em want it BAD! :nana:
This new replacement sheetmetal is something that's been overly needed for way too long & if the larger distributors had been willing to push the issue earlier, maybe there would have been decent quality stuff being made 10 years ago, or more. They just got too comfortable selling the substandard crap they've been selling.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

I don't even want to begin on how disappointed I am at the way YO has slid into Wal-Martness since the founder retired.  :soapbox:

Charger1973

Quote from: Ghoste on July 10, 2007, 11:56:23 AM

:iagree: and it still doesnt. 

dkn1997

That AMD stuff looks great.  The fact that hardcore was not at Carlisle has to at the very least raise an eyebrow. 

who knows, maybe there were some unforseen setbacks in the process and in the end, we will all be thanking them for thier parts...
RECHRGED

Old Moparz

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 10, 2007, 01:10:46 PM
That AMD stuff looks great.  The fact that hardcore was not at Carlisle has to at the very least raise an eyebrow. 

who knows, maybe there were some unforseen setbacks in the process and in the end, we will all be thanking them for thier parts...

An unforeseen setback, like knowing a competitor can provide the same thing for probably 25% of the price.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mike DC

QuoteAn unforeseen setback, like knowing a competitor can provide the same thing for probably 25% of the price.

Very true about the 25% price issue.

But I still wanna give Hardcore a little credit for panels that truly felt like ORIGINAL GRADE steel.   

The improvement might not be worth $1500 to most of us, but it's there. 
I wouldn't equate HC's stuff to the metal from Goodmark or anybody else that I've ever seen.

hemi-hampton

I've seen Hardcores 1/4 panels & I still think they can & will make a Quality part. They only made 2 mistakes #1 A too premature advanced notice they were coming
#2 Price to high.
Hopefully with competition they will lower their price. :shruggy: :Twocents:  :scratchchin: LEON.

Ghoste

Well, there was that one other little thing where they destroyed a 69 Charger RT for laughs.  It may not have anything to do with manufacturing a 1/4 panel but it certainly prejudiced some of us as to what kind of people they are.

Charger1973

Quote from: Ghoste on July 10, 2007, 10:37:05 PM
Well, there was that one other little thing where they destroyed a 69 Charger RT for laughs.  It may not have anything to do with manufacturing a 1/4 panel but it certainly prejudiced some of us as to what kind of people they are.

:iagree: :badidea:

Mike DC

I don't love Hardcore Racing, I just love the idea of original-grade steel.   

Goodmark & the others are still trying to sweep that issue under the rug.  We need to keep demanding better or they'll never change. 

Ghoste

Yes, you are absolutely 100% correct Mike.  Goodmark should not be allowed to sell those as a licensed reproduction if they aren't an exact duplicate so Chrysler shares a little blame too.  Are the panels they do for GM cars like that?  (i'm guessing yes)