News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My charger is in the body shop and I find a couple e bodies. help

Started by charger01, August 01, 2007, 09:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

My 69 charger is in the bodyshop right now.  Will be there for at least 6 months.  Anyways I stumbled across a guy who is going to sell me a 73 340 cuda with a 318, a 70 challenger, and a 70 cuda that he cut up years ago because as a whole wasnt worth saving.  Iam getting them all at what I consider a very reasonable price for what they are.  The cuda still wears it factory yellow paint, it's a cosole slapshift car with nice black interior, but it needs front floor pan, complete trunk pan, both quarters and one rear frame rail.  The challenger has no motor but was an original 318 car, it needs lower quarter work, center trunk pan and some small front floor pan patching.  It is a column shift car. The interior is in descent shape but its light blue, and not too crazy about it.  I plan on selling the cut up 70 cuda parts right off the bat, and one of the other cars.  I really want the cuda, but which car do you think is better to keep, since the cuda needs more work?  Is body work cheaper on these cars if you purchase the sheet metal that would weld right to the factory spot weld points.  I was guessing at least 2500 bucks in sheet metal alone for the cuda  Do you guys think it is worth the effort?  Need some opinions here guys.
both cars have been sitting for the last 15 years coverd up on concrete in his backyard.  The cuda ran when parked, just needed extensive bodywork.  I cant weld myself so I would have to pay to have all the panels welded in.  I have no idea what that wold run.\

please give me your imput
thanks,

71ChallengeHer

hemi-hampton

Alot of aftermarket sheetmetal does not extend to factory spotwelds. Paying to weld this in could be exspensive, But I always figure 3 ways to do it. Fast & cheap (will look like crap) Average (will look ok) Then you have the over restored show car look which could cost you 10 times more then the cheap route. Pick a winner. LEON. :scratchchin:

70charger_boy

It's really tough to say.  The E body market is so inflated that it takes alot of knowledge and research to find a so called "good deal".  You should really post pics of these cars when you want an opinion on something that will attract people with different levels of expertise.  I agree with Jackie the 70 challenger is worth more.  The 73 Cuda is worth far less.  It's up to you and what you like

71bee

It really depends on what your paying for these project cars. the E-bodies hold excellent market value, and I bet it goes up with the introduction of the new Challenger next year.

dukeboy_318

I'd buy them, post some pics too.  I know the 70 challenger along will bring way more the the other two if its in decent shape.
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

charger01

I figured the cuda was worth more even though the challenger is in better shape.  I will post some pics when I get the cars.  Just not sure which one I want to keep.  Should get them Saturday.

Troy

If you're selling the Challenger at a "reasonable" price then let me know. I have a grill and just need a matching car... ;)

It's hard to say what the 73 Cuda is worth without the original 340 but that certainly sounds like a lot of work to pay for. I bought my 73 Barracuda 318 for under $10k (missing a grill, needing some paint, but with a spare rally hood). I've seen restored 340 cars in the mid-30s.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68charger383

73 cuda is not worth as much when fully restored as the 70-71s, so check e-bay for the 72-74 market and don't go by the 70-71 market prices.

The challenger as already stated is the better pick, with the 2008 challenger coming out next year and because 70 is the best/most desired year challenger.

Option #2, if you have to pay for the work to be done is to buy a car done or almost done.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

charger01

I prefer the cuda, but I guess the challenger makes more sense , especially considering it needs less work.