News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need opinions

Started by Harlow, July 15, 2007, 09:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

Alright, I need your opinions. I'm about to gut my interior to weld on a roof skin. So heres my situation. The carpet is pretty bad (needs to be replaced regardless or my decision) and I need to put in a new headliner. All the interior areas have spots that would need to be fixed in order to make it nice. The seats have minor rips (the drivers is split on the actual seat part kinda bad) the door panels are pretty decent considering they're original. So, I've been thinking that since I already have the interior gutted why not replace it now?

The interior is currently the original dark green with gold stripes. I'm going to bring the car back to its original white with black top, and I've been thinking of going with a black interior. I think it would look better.

I'm 17 and have 3500 in the bank. I'm thinking that the full interior will cost me about 1000 to do. Because my dad can help me install all the seat covers and headliner so I won't have to pay someone to do it.

So heres the options.

1. Do the interior now (seats, headliner, carpet, door panels). This would be in black.

2. Keep the original green with gold and just change the headliner and carpet since everything else is decent.

I can't make up my mind and I would like some of your input.

Charger-Bodie

its youre car , but i personally think the green ang gold interior is pretty cool and i would put it back that way.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger1973

I was going to keep my interior the tan/gold color until I saw the price tag on the seats.  They were $900 for a set.  Yours might not be that high but if money is an issue, look at prices of ALL the parts.  Black is the cheapest and easiest to find. 

bull

Experience has taught me that it's better to do the things you need to do when you have the chance, and right now seems like a good time for you to deal with it. It might take longer, and you'll have to exercise more patience, but you'll only have to tear into it once rather than twice.

I had to face the same decision, tear mine completely apart or just do the bare minimum to get it on the road and restore it later. I finally chose to do it right the first time. Sometimes I wish I could have driven the car before I took it apart but I did the right thing. I think I would have been more reluctant to restore the car had I waited.

Nacho-RT74

why not go to a local upholstery and make the covers like the originals ? materials are around to make them, and they are pretty easy to make and cheaper than resto dealers... mine were made on a local Upholstery in Caracas, Venezuela. Except for SOME SMALL DETAILS you couldn't tell esilly the difference.

I'M AGREE GOLD/GREEN INTERIOR is something to keep, since there is enough blacks around... like modern cars GRAY
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html