News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How about a "512" door badge for my 69 R/T SE Clone?

Started by Mfr426, June 22, 2007, 09:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, I've posted shots of my 69 Charger SE 383 that I have started to covert to an R/T. For the purists in the group I understand your concerns. However, after a 9-year resto back to original, frankly I got bored and started making changes. I've had many compliments on the R/T badges so far and I'm truly enjoying driving the car now.

So, here's my question. I am putting a Stroker 512 motor into my car in the next few months. I will make the motor look fairly stock (orange paint and factory air cleaner). I would however like to call attention to the fact that I have hulking engine in the car and had thougths about the "Hemi" badge that true Hemi Chargers would have on their doors. I like that look and I was thinking how cool that would look with a "512" instead of a hemi.

Does anyone know anywhere that would make such an item? I think that would look very neat without being garish and over the top.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Charger1973

Its a cool idea.  I was wondering the same thing only I want some "451 Magnum" emblems for a 3rd gen bulge hood.   :yesnod:

Mike DC

Just the letters "512" on an isolated emblem might not always get the message across. 

The non-Mopar-diehard knows & fears "Hemi," and maybe even "440" or "R/T."  But the number "512" might just questions.  A lot of people who aren't really familiar with how feasible stroker cranks have gotten lately would probably assume, "Oh, that can't really be the displacement.  No way it's 512 inches.  That must be some kind of weird Mopar model-name or something."

I'd try to get something that reads "512 Hemi."

Charger74

Better yet, don't do any and let it be a surprise when they get done eating your exhaust   :eek:

Brock Samson

yeah that's a pretty trick item,.. to have a emblem on the doors that said "512 C.I." might work a bit better cause "512 Hemi" is too long to make work with a stock looking emblem.. periods take up less room then letters..
a hood blackout with the logo of your choice might be a way to go... or one of the old style displacment decals in the hood depressions ala NASCAR is another way to go...
as to who could actually fab one up why don't ya ' ask Larry (aka Daytonalo) his work seems first rate and at least he might steer ya in the right direction..

Mfr426

I thought about "512 Stroker" but didnt want folks looking at me thinking "what the hell is a stroker"?

:hah:

Dennis K

If you need to get an emblem custom made, why not get one that says "8.4L" instead of "512CI", that way everyone would know what it means, including those who are to young to know what cubic inches are.

Charger1973

Quote from: Mfr426 on June 22, 2007, 11:52:40 AM
I thought about "512 Stroker" but didnt want folks looking at me thinking "what the hell is a stroker"?

:hah:
:rofl:  :iagree:

Ghoste

I think it would look cool.  The folks who don't know what it means probably aren't the ones you want to impress anyway.

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Mfr426

Anyone know of a place that does that professionally? I'm NOT looking to go cheap and would spend the money for a nicely done piece.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Here is the look that I'm going after. I would do 512 over STROKER of course.

Shakey

What about the hood callouts like on the '70's?

Mfr426

Hummmmmmmmm...I'll have to look at a good example. Anyone have any shots of a good one?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mfr426 on June 25, 2007, 06:26:01 AM
Hummmmmmmmm...I'll have to look at a good example. Anyone have any shots of a good one?

You've seen mine ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Hey, that looks familiar? Perhaps this year we'll actually meet.

:yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

I'll be there Sat all day and leaving Sunday post winners table results.

Lurker

1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

Charger1973

Thanks for the link!  Looks expensive but I can see they do quality work.