News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Howards Oil Thru Solid Lifters?

Started by BLAM, July 04, 2007, 03:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAM

Just checking to see if anyone has put them in engine yet?  What kind of results?  Personal thoughts and recommendations?

Thinking of putting them in my 512" build.  I have not picked a cam yet?
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

firefighter3931

I haven't used them yet but i really like the idea behind this product. A pressure feed of oil directly to the lifter face/cam lobe is long overdue.  :2thumbs:

The std oil splash is hard on cam profiles running moderate-high spring pressures...especially at low engine speeds. I will use these on my next solid cam....unless i go roller.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

70sixpkrt

I have a set of Howards lifters in my 440. I think the oil hole is long overdue. My engine builder highly recommended them esp. with a solid cam.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)