News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

528 HEMI

Started by ScottMH, September 02, 2007, 08:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottMH

ive decided to go with the local Hemi builder...he actaully used to work for Bartons...the total is right under $20k with tax for a 528 Hemi pushing 700-750HP...should be done in about 4 months

70charger_boy

Ghoste

I think he has changed his mind?

472 R/T SE

If you plan on running power brakes there's a very distinct possibility that you won't have enough vacuum to properly run them.  Too much cam.

You're going with a local builder, that's cool.  I'm one of the fortunate few that has had zero problems with my crate motor.  We only pulled the valve covers and intake to do a quick lookie see.  Of course it's a "second generation" motor.
If I were to do it all over again I would have Tim @ FHO build me the stroker for the same if not less money.  None better IMO.

keepat, they don't test the MP crate motors?  That's news to me.  All the "second generation" motors get dyno sheets now I thought.
You said there wasn't enough room runnin a Stage V intake?  I'm runnin' Schumacher mounts and a Stage V.  :shruggy:  Then again we have different bases and cleaners so maybe that's why.  I got my intake package from Tim, do his bases' sit lower?

keepat

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 14, 2007, 04:26:31 PM
If you plan on running power brakes there's a very distinct possibility that you won't have enough vacuum to properly run them.  Too much cam.

You're going with a local builder, that's cool.  I'm one of the fortunate few that has had zero problems with my crate motor.  We only pulled the valve covers and intake to do a quick lookie see.  Of course it's a "second generation" motor.
If I were to do it all over again I would have Tim @ FHO build me the stroker for the same if not less money.  None better IMO.

keepat, they don't test the MP crate motors?  That's news to me.  All the "second generation" motors get dyno sheets now I thought.
You said there wasn't enough room runnin a Stage V intake?  I'm runnin' Schumacher mounts and a Stage V.  :shruggy:  Then again we have different bases and cleaners so maybe that's why.  I got my intake package from Tim, do his bases' sit lower?
I have less then 1/8" between the top of the air-cleaner and the bottom of the hood, and to get that I fabricated my own air-cleaner base & filter! I hope they are pulling dyno now? :scratchchin: That was not the case when I was shopping!
Pat

472 R/T SE

Nice fab work.  Are those Barton valve covers?  The breather baffle in my 1.5 year old covers came loose and my valve springs and rocker gave it hell.  :'(

Here's a shot at a horizontal angle showing the difference in air cleaner assembly, the 68-69's sit a lot higher apparently.  Didn't know that.  :scratchchin:

keepat

Yes they are Ray Barton valve covers. Check out the 1/16" space between the shock tower and the valve cover! How is yours?
Pat