News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many inches of vacuum does a stock 69 440 Magnum draw?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, July 06, 2007, 12:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

I'm testing some headlight actuator vacuum pots and need to know how much vacuum to apply to them.   So how much vacuum did a 69 440 Mag draw? Not at the carb, but at the vacuum tree on the manifold.  :shruggy:

idahogrumpy

Depends on elevation,timing, and state of tune. Should be between 15-18 inches at idle.
                                                                                               Grumpy
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

Daytona R/T SE

Thanks, Grumpy. That gives me a figure to work with...I don't want to "oversuck" The headlight pots...

blue69

You can test those with a hand operated mityvac. It doesn't take much vacuum to operate them. I think they only needed 3-5" to get them going.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: blue69 on July 09, 2007, 12:45:52 PM
You can test those with a hand operated mityvac. It doesn't take much vacuum to operate them. I think they only needed 3-5" to get them going.

Yep, that's what I did, tested them with a hand operated vacuum pump.  I just needed to know how much was "Too much" ;)