News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just Got Back From Carlisle

Started by 71ChallengeHer, July 05, 2007, 11:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

1.  Shirley signing stuff.
2.  Don signing stuff.
3.  High and Mighty II.
4.  Slant 6 motivation.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BrianShaughnessy

Pics from Nathans...

1.  Telvis gave us lessons in grits and bisquits and gravy.
2.   Mike's daughter - I'm sure I'll remember the names later on...  Sorry.     
3.   Mike's other daughter and mom in law Wendy.   
4.   Geneo,  Bob, Mike.   Bob's daughter in the back.

TUFCAT

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 07, 2007, 11:53:39 PM

We got to meet Tufcat, too. He found Shelby 1st and said " Hey. I'm Tufcat. Where's my beer ? " Shelby said go find my Mom. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I finally met Jackie and Shelby and got a big bear hug from each of them  :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: . After I had a beer (or two) with Jackie  :cheers: she took me to the Dodgecharger tent. I met Chris, Hemidoug, and Brian S. It was great to finally meet Jackie and some of the guys.  I had a great time. Thanks for the beers Jackie, and congrats on both you and Shelby for taking home trophies  :2thumbs:

BrianShaughnessy

The girls at Nathans.    Troy would be somewhere at the end.    I'm told that Al English was at the back table but I didn't know that at the time.

And a few more cars.

BrianShaughnessy

My car was at Speedo's vendor tent back in Row O not far from the $140K Daytona wreck.

And some of the results of the 68 X ragtop that I was helping out on last week.    The old dude owner (Al) was very happy.   He got invited the the Forge show in Tenn.  in October. 

Spike

Just one for now...

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 08, 2007, 08:40:29 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 07, 2007, 11:53:39 PM

We got to meet Tufcat, too. He found Shelby 1st and said " Hey. I'm Tufcat. Where's my beer ? " Shelby said go find my Mom. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I finally met Jackie and Shelby and got a big bear hug from each of them  :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: . After I had a beer (or two) with Jackie  :cheers: she took me to the Dodgecharger tent. I met Chris, Hemidoug, and Brian S. It was great to finally meet Jackie and some of the guys.  I had a great time. Thanks for the beers Jackie, and congrats on both you and Shelby for taking home trophies  :2thumbs:
Thanks. :cheers: I'll get pics up of Shelby's car. Tufcat knows we are not BSing , he saw the paint job. :eek2:   It's a 50 footer.

Crazy Larry

Quote from: NHCharger on July 08, 2007, 04:55:06 PM
bsakal, you talking about this heap?

That's INSANE!

I don't know who's responsible but that is just insane - 140 K for that?!

You know what is miserable, I'll bet it doesn't sell at that price and the thing sits in a garage for the next decade - just talked about and never worked on.

Of course I may be wrong - did that heap sell for the asking price?

Good Lord.
:shruggy: :-\

bsakal

I'm the one that brought the slant six Charger on friday, and Pete the owner of the car came up on saturday with me. It's nice to see a pic of that car posted. We averaged about 20mpg on the trip. Even though it doesn't look that good, it rides surprisingly well.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Just 6T9 CHGR

I averaged about 14mpg both ways with my Charger.....driving the 3+  hours back to NY in the 95º heat was pretty brutal as well...Chris G & I definitely had a workout :pushup:

It was great to see some old faces as well as new ones at the tent this year.  Jackie & Shelby, sorry I missed the bikini contest, hopefully someone took some pics ;) (oh yeah, thanks for posting that great pic of Doug giving me the "horns" ;) )

One of the cool highlights of the trip was when the guys from the Mopar Memorabilia tent gave me the lithograph with my car on it for FREE!  Waiting on the trophy line, I saw the guy that I originally was talking to about the fact that they used a pic of my car on the lithograph....I told him "see I wasn't lying...this is the same car on the poster!"  He called his boss over, he agreed and walked back to the tent & handed me the frame & shook my hand.  :2thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ill try and post some of the more obscure/different  pics...

1. Charger/Coronet pick-up called the "Charger-Up"
2. $29,500 for this beauty that was "raced on Pinks"
3. '71 GTX 'vert that the crew at  Dayclona made
4. Beautiful custom color GTX that burned your retinas in the sun
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

THE COLONEL

Well, here are some of my pics! ;)

I wish these ones were all lined up a little better to get a good shot of all the wings.

I love this one!!!

MoparJohn's Charger.....NICE!!!!!!!

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

AirborneSilva

Great pics guys, thanks for sharing  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:   wern't there any nice lookin cars there?..  :shruggy:   
cool to see somebody finnally go with a military style nose art paint job as i've often imagined, that coronet sure seems worth $ 25K... but what do I know i only seen one pic.. hint, hint,..
alot of the cars in the pics so far seem to be prety much stock, with some exceptions,... looks like a nice showing and fun, wish i wasn't fifty billionty miles away,.. thanks for posting the pics everyone..
                                                                                               :drool5:

Chris G.

It was nice meeting you Jackie. I had a great weekend and hung out with alot of the site members. Lots of real nice cars showed up, but that's typical for this show.

Anyway, below are a few pics, but you can go here and see the one's I took.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17082629&uid=1013544&members=1

bsakal

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on July 09, 2007, 07:18:46 AM
I averaged about 14mpg both ways with my Charger.....driving the 3+  hours back to NY in the 95º heat was pretty brutal as well...Chris G & I definitely had a workout :pushup:

It was great to see some old faces as well as new ones at the tent this year.  Jackie & Shelby, sorry I missed the bikini contest, hopefully someone took some pics ;) (oh yeah, thanks for posting that great pic of Doug giving me the "horns" ;) )

One of the cool highlights of the trip was when the guys from the Mopar Memorabilia tent gave me the lithograph with my car on it for FREE!  Waiting on the trophy line, I saw the guy that I originally was talking to about the fact that they used a pic of my car on the lithograph....I told him "see I wasn't lying...this is the same car on the poster!"  He called his boss over, he agreed and walked back to the tent & handed me the frame & shook my hand.  :2thumbs:

That's cool, it's the least they could do. Some royalties would also be nice!
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

resq302

Great pics everyone.  :popcrn: Really makes me wish I had more vacation time and money to go out there.  Maybe next year hopefully.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on July 09, 2007, 07:18:46 AM

Cool beans on the lithograph :2thumbs:   Any word on the lunch boxes or the breakfast cereal?  :icon_smile_big:

I wanted to see the bikini contest but I had to leave... oh well...      Somebody post'em up!   :drool5:

I averaged 15 on my 4+ hour run doing between 75 and 80.  I can probably go another size lower on the primary jets.    ProMax sold out of billet plates to fit the 4782 at the show  :'(    It wasn't too awful bad out riding home on Sat. nite.   It was bad on Sunday at the car show in town.   I had to wake up at 6am to wash off the bugs and I was out of it by the time it was over at 6pm.

Meanwhile
1.   Was she in the bikini contest?  :boogie:
2.   Sunday in Sausagies
3.   Remember Where's Waldo?    Let's play Where's George?    :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres the flip side to the pic that Chris posted above of our cars.....this was the day before on Thursday.....the rain was coming down sideways!   Notice my feeble attempt to try and keep my interior dry with the little tarp I had (my windshield leaks) :rotz:

Here are more pics of the Coronet, Brock....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Steve P.

So they had a bikini contest and nobody took any shots??      :brickwall:    :P
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

Thanks Chris,..  glad to learn your Car ain't perfect..  :lol: i thought it was...  :shruggy:

So, what was the outcome on Pinks?  :popcrn:

Brian?..  did i ever tell you your Charger..  ROCKS?!!                             :boogie:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Steve P. on July 09, 2007, 01:33:51 PM
So they had a bikini contest and nobody took any shots??      :brickwall:    :P

This was from Carlisle's site.....the girl in the middle was the winner.....definitely a pro.

Too bad she didn't wear that when she handed out the awards :rotz:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TUFCAT

Guys and gals, if you stayed at the Rodeway Inn this year - I really hope you can you help me with my problem.....

Please go to:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31004.0.html

THANKS!!!!

69_500

Okay give me some time, but I'll post some photo's. Just ask Troy how slow I am. I just not posted shots from Vegas last week. However I did get some shots of the bikini contest for Chris, since he asked so nicely.

However I'm not sure by looking at the photo's that you guys were at the same show I was. I only saw about 18 cars the whole weekend. Must have missed those other ones. Incidentally, I didn't even go in the T building at all this year.

69_500

okay here at the first few.