News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grindhouse

Started by gnrl01, July 04, 2007, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnrl01

I was wondering if anyone has heard when this flick is coming out on dvd? What did you guys think of it?? I liked it :popcrn:

Mean 318

I thought that the Zombie one was better then Death Proof, but it was worth watching once! THe Zombie one was very cool!

41husk

I will be getting it when it comes out on DVD, but I don't know when that will be.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

THE CHARGER PUNK

there gonna release death proof b4 planet terror and u will have 2 buy 2 if u want both of them as 2gether they sucked, so they want 2 see if it will make more selling seperate and death proof will have more bonus scenes and more car parts etc.

Mean 318

That sucks! I duno if I will even get it then! by them selves I wouldn't pay for them :Twocents: just rent them... I wouldnt pay good money to buy them if I was you

Manfred318

Its supposed to be out on DVD sometime in September. Ill probably just download it. If I like it then I might buy it.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

THE CHARGER PUNK

i loved deathproof so i am gonna buy it 4 sure :yesnod:

41husk

Anything for a buck :RantExplode: You only had to pay one admition to see them at the show.  That is so wrong, I don't know if I will get them if they are released like that!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

70charginglizard

I heard this comes out on DVD on Tuesday.

Didn't see it at the theatre but I'm definately gonna rent it.
70charginglizard

41husk

Both flicks are in there.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

lilwendal

Just rented one from Blockbuster.  Death proof only.That sucks :icon_smile_dissapprove:

ChargerSG

Im really curius about those movies, cant wait to get hold of that dvd box :yesnod:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

70charginglizard

So whats you guys think of deathproof?

I like the car sceene but there were some times what the women talked to much. Got bored and had to fast forward it to the car sceene. lol
70charginglizard

Jon Smith

it was a bit slow...and even the car chase wasn't that good compared to something like bullit :Twocents:
the zombie one was better....

Mean 318

Quote from: Jon Smith on September 20, 2007, 11:29:41 AM
it was a bit slow...and even the car chase wasn't that good compared to something like bullit :Twocents:
the zombie one was better....
:2thumbs: I thought the same thing! The Zombie one was funny... death proof didnt seem all that great!

myk

it was a bit slow...

A bit?  Man I haven't seen a movie drag that much since Cheech and Chong were doing their thing.  I mean, 1 hour of chicks talking about nothing before something happens with a car or two is way too much to ask for.  I've liked Tarantino's other works, but Deathproof just makes him look like a hack...

Silver R/T

death proof sucks, cars were cool though
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

70charginglizard

Quote from: myk on September 22, 2007, 06:14:05 PM
it was a bit slow...

A bit?  Man I haven't seen a movie drag that much since Cheech and Chong were doing their thing.  I mean, 1 hour of chicks talking about nothing before something happens with a car or two is way too much to ask for.  I've liked Tarantino's other works, but Deathproof just makes him look like a hack...

maybe they did that on purpose so your date (when you went to see the movie in the Theatre) didn't feel left out and got her soap opera fix. lol
70charginglizard

SeattleCharger

It was ok the first time in the theater, the short fake movie promo clips throughout were funny,   don't know if I would bother renting it, if it shows on HBO I  will watch it for sure though

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Mike DC

The movies should have been a pair of 45-60 minute shows.  That would have totalled the whole "Grindhouse" thing up at not much over 2 hours. 

Tarantino & Rodriguez had a good original idea, but they got WAY too indulgent with the run-times.  IMHO it really ruined the success of the whole project. 

It's too bad because "Grindhouse" might have been successful enough to do a few more of those things if T&R had just shortened things up.  But at this point it's going down as a one-shot deal.  The theatrical box office wasn't there because it was too long, and now the two individual DVDs probably won't sell very well separately because neither movie is enough to stand alone as well as they stood together.     

SeattleCharger

Are you kidding?  they aren't together on one DVD as a two part movie?  that is stupid

Red Ram

Machete
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

70charginglizard

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 24, 2007, 11:44:31 PM

The movies should have been a pair of 45-60 minute shows.  That would have totalled the whole "Grindhouse" thing up at not much over 2 hours. 

Tarantino & Rodriguez had a good original idea, but they got WAY too indulgent with the run-times.  IMHO it really ruined the success of the whole project. 

It's too bad because "Grindhouse" might have been successful enough to do a few more of those things if T&R had just shortened things up.  But at this point it's going down as a one-shot deal.  The theatrical box office wasn't there because it was too long, and now the two individual DVDs probably won't sell very well separately because neither movie is enough to stand alone as well as they stood together.     

So when are they supose to release the second one on video.

I'm kind of interested in renting it too. Would make for a good beer/movie night with my buds I think
70charginglizard

Mike DC

I know "Death Proof" (the Charger/Challenger flick) is already out because I've already bought a copy of it from a local Best Buy. 

I dunno whether the first "Planet Terror" zombie movie is out on DVD yet or not.  Honestly I didn't even look for that one when I was at the store. 

Manfred318

Planet Terror comes out on DVD Oct.16  :2thumbs:

Current MoPars:

SeattleCharger

. . . and after . . .

bull

I just rented Death Proof and... boy, what can I say. :shruggy: I usually like the stuff Tarantino does and the only excuse I can give him for this flick is that maybe he made it inferior on purpose. I mean I suppose it's meant to pay homage to the old low-budget grindhouse/exploitation movies of the late '60s and '70s but I was sort of expecting some semblance of a plot. Most of his movies have a lot of talking such as Reservoir Dogs but this one was too much. Basically it was an hour and a half of yakking with 20 minutes of action tossed in. And no, the chase scenes did not make up for all the BSing IMO.

I think Planet Terror looks pretty good. Actually it looks cheesy on purpose, ie., it makes fun of itself so that should be fun. I hope the fake trailers are on the Planet Terror DVD because they weren't on the Death Proof DVD. What a ripoff that was. :flame:

Mike DC

The whole "Grindhouse" idea would have been great if QT & RR would've had the restraint to cut each movie down to about an hour.  But instead they got indulgent & ruined the end result IMHO.   

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 23, 2007, 08:40:37 PM

The whole "Grindhouse" idea would have been great if QT & RR would've had the restraint to cut each movie down to about an hour.  But instead they got indulgent & ruined the end result IMHO.   

Yea. I can't speak about Planet Terror yet but there was barely enough real content in Death Proof to fill an hour.

squeakfinder

So is the movie called Grinhouse or Deathproof? When I went to the video store I asked for Deathproof. I almost left without it because they weren't finding it. And then, UNFORTUNATELY they found it under Grindhouse.

The movie suck so badly, I wanted everybody to kill each other before it was over.

What I rented had two DVD's. One was the movie, the other was scenes of the movie being made and the actors talking

I like Kurt Russel, I couldn't understand why he was in this thing. But when he was talking about the movie in the second DVD he said something to the effect of "When you go to work for QT you do it because you have to." Yeah no sh#t Kurt. Looks like you must have needed the work.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Manfred318

I think the movie is technically called "Grindhouse: Death Proof/Planet Terror" I watched Death Proof last weekend and what a snooze fest :sleep: Kurt Russel was pretty cool in it though. I also watched Planet Terror last week and man was it cool. It is so violent and bloody, but it has its humorous parts too. Rose McGowan is really freakin hot and Bruce Willis was pretty damn cool too. It also has a prevue for the new Machete movie, which I think is supposed to be out some time early/mid 2008.

Machete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnF3i8BHgMI

Current MoPars:

BrianShaughnessy

I watched Deathproof last nite.  I liked parts of it... the actual parts where there were cars involved... or Kurt.

There was wayyyy too much girlie yapping in that movie.   Now if they were half nekkid girls that's one thing - but they weren't.  Tarantino wasted so much time on girls yapping in cars, yapping in the parking lot and yapping in diners that I could have skipped half the movie.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.