News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Real men don't need instructions

Started by dkn1997, July 04, 2007, 11:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

...at least we don't think we do.   My assbag used holley blue pump quit on me a couple of weeks back, so I bought a mallory comp 110.  It came in the mail and I insalled it last saturday night in preperation to go to the local OBI cruise on sunday morning.   I glossed over the instructions thinking I did not have to pay too much attention because I had already done the wiring and fuel line alterations for my old pump.

I got it mounted and fired her up...well tried, and no fuel pressure.  I had the dirty sob in backwards!!!  a simple swap of the lines and I was back in business, but I felt like a tool.  what started as a 7pm quickie install in a lighted garage turned into a 10pm thrash in the driveway with a flashlight (enough fuel in the bowls to back her out of the garage even with it plumbed wrong, but not enough to pull it back in)

Now...it would have been nice of malloyr to stamp "in" and "out" on the pump body, but that's no excuse.  A simple review of the instructions and I was up and running.

By the way, the mallory is a sweet piece and it is so quiet.  I also put in a 40 tooth speedo pinion and now I am reading 5mph too slow!!  with the 32 tooth, I was 5mph too fast!!  I cannot win!!
RECHRGED

Brock Samson

:shruggy:  :scratchchin: did it yourself? learned something?.. drivin a sweet '68 (for a '68) i'd say your ahead of the tools having to bring their ten year old taurus to the shop to be overcharged (pardon the pun) and takin the bus for a couple days...   :pity:     :icon_smile_wink:

dodgecharger-fan

I have a Binford Tools Shirt that says that on the sleeve. :D

Big Lebowski

Ya, if the instructions have no pics, then just toss 'em out. Some braniac rocket scientist wrote the stupid thing anyway, who can understand that crap. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

six-tee-nine

Same goes for me......

I always read the manual after i'm done to see if did a good job :D :D.........or when i'm in trouble and at the point of cracking a nerve. :shruggy:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

red72chrgr

We don't need instructions?? uh-oh  ::)
Nothing personal, just business

Charger_Fan

Quote from: six-tee-nine on July 04, 2007, 02:16:52 PM
Same goes for me......

I always read the manual after i'm done to see if did a good job :D :D.........or when i'm in trouble and at the point of cracking a nerve. :shruggy:
Same here. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

41husk

I have always had more time to redue the job than read the instructions :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

punisher054

Only time I look at the de-structions is when I have spare parts...then the head scratching begins...LOL  :brickwall:
The beatings shall continue until morale improves!!!

BigBlockSam

thats the only way i learn. do it wrong first :brickwall:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

The70RT

It seems half the time instructions and illistrations don't even purtain to the damned product anyway. :RantExplode:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69_500

You mean those papers I throw away with every purchase are the instructions? You mean you don't have to spend 6 hours trying to figure out where every piece goes they show it in drawings?

Your pulling my leg.

Khyron

listen, i'll read the directions when I can find the sheet thats IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

dkn1997

Quote from: Khyron on July 05, 2007, 09:05:20 PM
listen, i'll read the directions when I can find the sheet thats IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Now that's just crazy talk.  The only guys who ever put this shit in right are the ones who read french and spanish.  I see the word "fragile' and I think it's made in italy.
RECHRGED

Nacho-RT74

:o woah!!! all stuff have english instructions... never have seen something without english instructions  :shruggy:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

dkn1997

No offense, Nacho, it's just that sometimes they put 7 sets of instructions with parts and it's a pain in the ass trying to find the one I can actually read.  Plus, as Americans, we are predisposed to think that that the world is ours and there should be only one language spoken...everywhere...by all people..... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  Just kidding!!!

I understand why they include all of the instructions, because it's easier to package that way and you don't have to repackage to sell it in any number of countries.  I just cannot see that many guys in france putting a mallory 110 fuel pump on a Citroen.

I say skip all languages for car parts and just put the pictures so that those of us on the  :shortbus: can intall it!
RECHRGED

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 05, 2007, 10:58:37 PM
Plus, as Americans, we are predisposed to think that that the world is ours and there should be only one language spoken...everywhere...by all people..... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: 

well I know that ;D ... BTW is not AMERICANS is NORTHAMERICANS :P  :stirthepot:... and even in that way North America includes Mexico and Canada :P

j/k ( but also serious )

wil be funny you miss the english sheet... how do you do ? LOL. Thanksfully almost all instructions are in a book, not in sheets.

Backing to topic... mostly all the times I read or at least over read the instructions. The troubleshooting section with main one saying DEVICE DOESN'T STARTS... CHECK THE POWER CORD IS PLUGGED comes to reallity more times that you can imagine
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

AirborneSilva

Could you please keep the bogus political points out and stay on topic?

dkn1997

Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 06, 2007, 12:36:05 AM

I think we are all just having a little fun here.  Nacho and I are just needling each other a bit, but it's all in good fun.  I don't think either of us meant to make a political statement, sorry if you took it that way.

and how is your charger anyway?    Have you made any progress lately?  let's see the pics!!
I have some odds and ends that you are welcome to if you like.  let me know what you need.
<:,extendsolivebranch,:>

...wow, this thread has really gone off the deep end now :2thumbs:
RECHRGED

dkn1997

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 05, 2007, 11:21:44 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on July 05, 2007, 10:58:37 PM
Plus, as Americans, we are predisposed to think that that the world is ours and there should be only one language spoken...everywhere...by all people..... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: 

well I know that ;D ... BTW is not AMERICANS is NORTHAMERICANS :P  :stirthepot:... and even in that way North America includes Mexico and Canada :P

Actually, according to Ponch, the Mexicans are taking over and the world is becoming thiers....
A sure sign of that is when I can flip through the channels and see Stallone in the movie Cobra en espanol.
RECHRGED

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Khyron on July 05, 2007, 09:05:20 PM

Hey guys i'm dutchspeaking.... do you know how many times i find a duth manual inside??? maybe in 10% of all cases. All other times i'll have to do with english, german or French.
When i do find a Dutch manual inside, i consider the quality of the product already a level higher...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 06, 2007, 07:21:17 AM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 06, 2007, 12:36:05 AM
I think we are all just having a little fun here.  Nacho and I are just needling each other a bit, but it's all in good fun.  I don't think either of us meant to make a political statement, sorry if you took it that way.

:iagree:

It could be a deeper discussion about that where neither he or me have fault on that and anyway we don't have the solution hehe... but anyway RIGHT NOW ON THIS THREAD is just for fun ;)

Quote from: six-tee-nine on July 06, 2007, 10:13:45 AM
When i do find a Dutch manual inside, i consider the quality of the product already a level higher...

HAHAHA, GOOD ONE  :2thumbs:

dodgecharger-fan

Sometimes, even the English instructions don't make any sense... but I never read them. So, what do I know.  :P

AirborneSilva

As has been stated most of the time english instructions don't make sense due to some pin head who's never actually done the work tries to tell you how to do it from an engineers stand point and seeing what they tend to do with under our hoods we all know where their heads are at  :brickwall:

dkn - I have the rear rails all set to be welded in but am dragging my feet due to fear, I know those have to be right or all else will be screwed.  I'd be more then happy to relieve you of unwanted/unneeded parts  :icon_smile_big:

dkn1997

I just got a new carpet, but my old one is actually original and not bad at all.  I dyed it 2 years ago and it still looks very presentable.  when I take it out, It's yours.  also have a decent set of big block valve covers that need a little straightening.  I don't know how much sense it makes to ship this stuff to the big island, but check into it, yours if you want them.  :cheers:
RECHRGED