News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'70 Charger

Started by 73ChargerSE, July 04, 2007, 12:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

Went by and looked again at a '70 Charger today.  I'm hoping to end up with this one and have a 2nd Gen.  What do you guys think?

Ghoste

Personally, I think it's an excellent idea.  Plus, it's a lot better project than the 68 beside it.  ;)

terrible one

Definitely looks real solid. Does it have a drivetrain? I guess it depends on what you're spending.

73ChargerSE

The car doesn't have a drivetrain.  It's an original 318 car and I do not remember what the guy wanted for it, but I believe it was VERY reasonable.

73ChargerSE

The only part I'm worried about is this.  Passenger side quarter, but I'm sure a patch panel would go a long way.

Ghoste

I've seen worse saved and the car deserves a better fate than rusting under the sun.  :2thumbs:

73ChargerSE

It's me being an Arizonan, rust scares me :scared:  :lol:

terrible one

That quarter doesn't look bad compared to so many others. Besides, it's damaged at the end anyways. I see the windows are down. How's the floor?

Ghoste

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on July 04, 2007, 12:17:51 AM
It's me being an Arizonan, rust scares me :scared:  :lol:

Rust is just your cars way of asking you to quit driving it in the winter salt and acid rain.  Save that 70!

Charger1973

Id buy it.  Looks like a great project...  needs a total restoration but it would be worth it.

73ChargerSE

This is all I took of the interior.  The floor looks really good.  It was a console car, so the circle is punched out on the floor and it probably lets all the water drain.  If not that then the 100+ degree weather we've been having.

terrible one

Looks pretty good to me. By the look of that dash, any rain in there was sun-baked pretty quickly!

Charger1973

I like it alot...  wish I could find something like that up here...  Wait no I don't because then i'd buy it and be in all kinds of trouble.   :P

73ChargerSE

Ohhh yeah.  The thing I hate about AZ is that all our interiors go to crap.  We have nice cars, but everything that is remotely soft turns hard and bakes.  We need to set up a West Coast - East Coast trading business.  You east coast guys can have all the cars we don't want, and you can give us interiors.

Ghoste

Charger1973

Tint the windows and get a sunshade.   :2thumbs:

73ChargerSE

Haha, doesn't help if everything is already broken :)

Charger1973

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on July 04, 2007, 12:42:15 AM

True....  Im hoping to move down to that area in a few years.  Probably New Mexico though, Albuquerque sounds good to me.  Id like to think I could score a nice clean shell like that but by the time I get there and can afford something it'd be like a 1 in a million shot. 

73ChargerSE

To the '70 guys:

What all is missing besides the obvious seats console etc.  The cluster is gone I believe and the radio is gone.  Are there any pieces of trim that look missing from the dash? Was it just metal between the lower pads and dash pad?

73ChargerSE

Quote from: Charger1973 on July 04, 2007, 12:44:37 AM
Quote from: 73ChargerSE on July 04, 2007, 12:42:15 AM

True....  Im hoping to move down to that area in a few years.  Probably New Mexico though, Albuquerque sounds good to me.  Id like to think I could score a nice clean shell like that but by the time I get there and can afford something it'd be like a 1 in a million shot. 

You'd be surprised how cheap stuff is down here if you drive around.

Brock Samson

is the windshield header tweaked?... at the roof?..  :popcrn:

bull

If this is one of those "at that price I'll take two" opportunities I'd do it. There's enough good parts left on that '68 to cover the cost of both if the price is as good as you say.

69charger2002

that looks like a GREAT project car. you better get it. get the 68 also and sell some of the parts off of it to make some profit to put towards the 70. that's the best way to do it. good luck let us know what you do
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hemi68charger

Looks good for a project if you're open to a larger restoration/project... Good luck.....   :2thumbs:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

73ChargerSE

The roof is perfect aside from the surface rust and the couple pinholes on the sailpanels.  The 68 is actually not for sale, he's saving that for his son since it is a big block car.  After seeing it twice, I am already in love with it. Does anyone know what color that is? I was thinking T5 or something of that nature.