News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bad omen? Zero communication from new Chrysler owner since takeover

Started by bull, July 03, 2007, 07:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Has anyone heard anything from the new owner of Chrysler since the purchase? Often it seems when a large company is bought out we are treated to a bunch of TV ads filled with reassurances and promises of better things to come but I haven't heard jack squat from them. Is this a bad omen or am I just paranoid??

TK73

There is a reason I'm not up at the local Dodge dealer buying a truck right now...  and I'm actually getting ready to buy something...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Shakey

Quote from: bull on July 03, 2007, 07:59:32 PM
Has anyone heard anything from the new owner of Chrysler since the purchase? Often it seems when a large company is bought out we are treated to a bunch of TV ads filled with reassurances and promises of better things to come but I haven't heard jack squat from them. Is this a bad omen or am I just paranoid??

I was talking to one of the board members on the weekend. 

They are waiting to do some cool ads during the Superbowl!   :nana:

70charger_boy

Ghoste

I'm okay with the silence.  If they planned to break it up, there's nothing we can do anyway and if the plan is to let them build cars, I don't need to hear about that either.  Save the publicity blitz and use the money for r&d or something useful.

Dodge Don

41husk

what would them going under do to repro parts?  One train of thought would be, if there were no licsensing fees to pay cost would go down, or would quality suffer?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mike DC

Good question.  Maybe a little of both.

But then again, MP has turned out some pretty rat-f*cked parts as it is.  Who's to say it would be such a loss?

bull

As long as there is competition there will be quality parts. If there is a demand for quality it will be met IMO.

BigBlackDodge

I thought the deal wasn't official for a couple of months yet?

BBD

Chatt69chgr

Saw in the paper this morning that the deal with Chery in China is happening.  So something is going on.  Not that I care about that vehicle.

41husk

Does any one know when Daimler gave or will give up control of Chrysler?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

dkn1997

Usually, when the boss shuts up, he is about to can some people.  Maybe our charger buddy will get the ax. at this point, I would take Apollo creed  :mrt:  (not the right guy, but he was in the movie)   over Trevor Creed.
RECHRGED

dkn1997

Quote from: dkn1997 on July 06, 2007, 03:17:13 PM
Usually, when the boss shuts up, he is about to can some people.  Maybe our charger buddy will get the ax. at this point, I would take Apollo creed  :mrt:  (not the right guy, but he was in the movie)   over Trevor Creed.   It would be glorious to see the count of Monte Fisto create the next super car!!!
RECHRGED