News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger Models: Post your Pics!

Started by Brock Samson, July 03, 2007, 10:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68beepbeep

UFO

Here's a few of mine.

UFO

more.

UFO

few wing things.

UFO

Need to add the L700 to the hauler.
The garage is always in progress.I'll work on for a while then move on to something else.

Brock Samson

those are pretty good,.. i like the blue DAYTONA with the white walls and the car trailer reminds me of the black n white pics..
where did you find the recall wheels?..  :popcrn:

UFO

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 29, 2009, 11:25:20 AM
those are pretty good,.. i like the blue DAYTONA with the white walls and the car trailer reminds me of the black n white pics..
where did you find the recall wheels?..  :popcrn:

Thanks.
The recall wheels are in the 69 383cuda kit.It's been released with different box art a couple times.

MoparManJim

Here is A Model that is almost done now, these was photos was taking back about a week ago now. (been trying to find this thread to post, had one get deleted last night in the Off Topice area, The mods should have pm me and told me but didn't)

Anyways here is afew photos, sorry if the photos isn't as clear as you would like. Still trying to fingure out the new camera yet. 

I know this thread here isn't a WIP one so I'm sorry for my photos being wip ones right now. soon as I get the whole model done, I'll re-edit this reply with the finish ones. 

Brock Samson

yeah, it's hard to find this post a search with "model" wont grab it..  :shruggy: so what you use for the headliner and carpeting?.  :shruggy: i take it she's gonna be a jenny lee..  :scratchchin:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 29, 2009, 03:32:45 PM
yeah, it's hard to find this post a search with "model" wont grab it..  :shruggy: so what you use for the headliner and carpeting?.  :shruggy: i take it she's gonna be a jenny lee..  :scratchchin:

yea, your telling me, I search last night and couldn't find a thread, made one and it got deleted and then I check this area out and run into this one  :brickwall: 

I used paper towel. The carpet is flocking. 

This is going to be a General Lee, but not just any one though.

mauve66

cause the title says modelS
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

C_stripes

Some great looking cars there. I wish I still had all of mine, it's just to hard to have them when you live in an apartment. No room. I used to have a ton.
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h4/Jeremymacdonald/Models/?start=0
Thats not near all of them.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

KS71owner

LOL I have a box of engines just like that....not quite as many but close. I always build the engines first, and right now I have a half dozen or so awaiting complete cars to put them in.  :D

68beepbeep

Hey UFO, you're a pretty good builder!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

UFO

Quote from: 68beepbeep on April 04, 2009, 05:17:52 PM
Hey UFO, you're a pretty good builder!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Well thanks , I know many builders who have more skills than I do.I just try to make them look good when there sitting in the diorama.

Mike DC

OOOHHH . . .  one of the early promo-based model kits?  The hood & door scoops and the rear window all look too correct for anything after they modified the tooling for the 69 Daytonas.   

UFO

Good eye :2thumbs:
When I bought it , it was just the body and inner pcs for a funny car.

Kevlisa

There are some amazing pictures in this thread.  I haven't built a model in years, but my 8 year old son has caught the model building bug.  He's built 4 or 5 in the last couple of months.  I think he's been doing a great job on them, especially considering his age.  I saw that some people don't like to use Testors spray paint.  Some of their colors work OK but some are terrible.  Just wondering...what's a good alternative to Testors?  I don't have an airbrush but I'm considering getting one so my son and I can learn how to use it.  Is an airbrush worth it?  I don't want to get into a huge hassle with the thing.  If it's faily easy to use than maybe I'll get one.  Looking for some input from you guys who obviously have a lot of experience.  thanks...

Brock Samson

i used to use "Practa" paints but i'm not sure if they're around anymore or distributed in your area...

here's a thread on some paints you can use..

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=213648

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Kevlisa on April 10, 2009, 08:29:24 AM
I saw that some people don't like to use Testors spray paint.  Some of their colors work OK but some are terrible.  Just wondering...what's a good alternative to Testors?

That's basically how it is. Some of their spray paints work good but most I've found don't work too good. I've heard a lot of good things about Tamiya paints.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

UFO

I have just recently used testors spray base/clear.Happy with the results.
I also used the older single stage spray cans as well.
A good tip is to heat the can in warm water before using.I do this as a normal thing now.whether I'm using testors or a custom color from the paint supplier.
Just get the can warm NOT hot.
Disclaimer-Not responsible if you blow up your spray can by following this idea. :D

KS71owner

Quote from: Kevlisa on April 10, 2009, 08:29:24 AM
There are some amazing pictures in this thread.  I haven't built a model in years, but my 8 year old son has caught the model building bug.  He's built 4 or 5 in the last couple of months.  I think he's been doing a great job on them, especially considering his age.  I saw that some people don't like to use Testors spray paint.  Some of their colors work OK but some are terrible.  Just wondering...what's a good alternative to Testors?  I don't have an airbrush but I'm considering getting one so my son and I can learn how to use it.  Is an airbrush worth it?  I don't want to get into a huge hassle with the thing.  If it's faily easy to use than maybe I'll get one.  Looking for some input from you guys who obviously have a lot of experience.  thanks...

I use both rattle cans and an airbrush. It mainly depends on what type of paint job I'm going for. I use a Paasche VL airbrush, it's a good dual action that will cover larger areas well and do some detail work. I think an airbrush is definitely worth the money. You can do some really cool stuff with an airbrush that just can't be done as easily with spray cans or paintbrushes. My airbrush gets used mainly for weathering or for when I'm doing lots of stages/coats on one model and I need the paint to lay down as thinly as possible.

As for paints, I use different brands but I would say that 90% of mine are Testors. I really like their Model Master line, and the new spray lacquers they just released last year are fantastic. They dry quickly and cover well. Tamiya acrylics are good too, but I haven't tried too many of them through the airbrush yet. I would suggest trying a couple of brands and just see what you like best.

Charger666

These are all wicked models and pics! Gonna have some up soon too :)

426HemiCharger

------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

Brock Samson