News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trim pieces for 1974 Charger SE

Started by punisher054, July 03, 2007, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

punisher054

Hey all...brand new member!!!

Finally getting back the car of my youth, a 1974 Charger, only this one comes with the coveted 440  :icon_smile_big: instead of the little 318 that my first one did, may it ever RIP...

Need help locating the grill pieces for a 74 charger. One is ok , other is broken. Would like to replace both if I can find some good pieces, either orignal or repro (doubt anyone is repopping these though). Also looking for good straight front and rear bumpers. Mine are a little bent, not bad, could probably take the time to fix em up if I had to.

Also....does anyone have a good picture of one of these in dark green? That is the original color of mine, but its definately worse for wear, and wondering if I should go with this color if it looks any good with the black vinyl half-top. I am sure that I will have toms more parts locating questions as time goes on.

Thanks in advance!!!
The beatings shall continue until morale improves!!!

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: punisher054 on July 03, 2007, 11:44:41 AM
....does anyone have a good picture of one of these in dark green? That is the original color of mine, but its definately worse for wear, and wondering if I should go with this color if it looks any good with the black vinyl half-top.

of a member:

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

Quote from: punisher054 on July 03, 2007, 11:44:41 AM
Hey all...brand new member!!!

wondering if I should go with this color if it looks any good with the black vinyl half-top.

Welcome to the group and I'd have to say that Nacho just posted your answer right there!  :drool5:

Now how about some pics of your car?

Nacho-RT74

BTW what trim pieces exactly  ? Anyway no trim piece is still repopped for 71-74 with just wheel opening moldins exception... rest, just used marked.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

punisher054

THANKS NACHO!!!  :cheers: may have just made up my mind to go with the original color, haven't seen too many of that color anywhere....

Will have to take some better pictures before I post, camera phone just doesn't do it justice!

Thanks

punisher054

Oh, and looking for the main trim piece that goes across the roof at the edge of the vinyl. have the rest, well, mostly. Have also thought of stripping out the opera's and going with the regualr windows, anyone done that?

Nacho-RT74

Yes I think several ppl have done... IS A LOT OF STUFF YOU NEED, from regulators, channels, modify drip rail ( elongate ), cut B pillar post, get interior panels ( upper rear and sail ), glasses, roof rail molding where attachs the weatherstrip ( of course get the weatherstrip but that's the only stuff without problems ), boomerang moldings if you want them, if not, then remove top of door, hood and fenders moldings to match everything. Make the cut on jam to get room to roll over the glass, vertical quarter glass molding and seal, jam seal.

The best you can do is get a donor parts car and get everything at once. If not will be a headache. regulators use a lower bracket too.

To save from regulators stuff, you can also get a WL21 donor parts cars what does have same look just non rolling quarter glass. They are fixed with a bracket where the glass attaches. but only stuff you will save is teh regulators. Will need to modify the body too

IMHO, if you think on get a rolling down quarter glass car, then sell the SE ( WH29 on VIN ) and get a Hardtop WH23

41husk

were are you located? I used a 74 SE to build my 73 Super bee, I have many left over parts trim etc.  If you are any where close to St Louis MO. you can come take a look at the parts I have.  and welcome aboard!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

punisher054

hey husk, not anywhere close to you, located in so cal. But am interested if you have some pics of what you have left over.

Thanks!

punisher054

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 03, 2007, 01:04:45 PM
Yes I think several ppl have done... IS A LOT OF STUFF YOU NEED, from regulators, channels, modify drip rail ( elongate ), cut B pillar post, get interior panels ( upper rear and sail ), glasses, roof rail molding where attachs the weatherstrip ( of course get the weatherstrip but that's the only stuff without problems ), boomerang moldings if you want them, if not, then remove top of door, hood and fenders moldings to match everything. Make the cut on jam to get room to roll over the glass, vertical quarter glass molding and seal, jam seal.

The best you can do is get a donor parts car and get everything at once. If not will be a headache. regulators use a lower bracket too.

To save from regulators stuff, you can also get a WL21 donor parts cars what does have same look just non rolling quarter glass. They are fixed with a bracket where the glass attaches. but only stuff you will save is teh regulators. Will need to modify the body too

IMHO, if you think on get a rolling down quarter glass car, then sell the SE ( WH29 on VIN ) and get a Hardtop WH23

Thanks nacho, doubt I will go through all that hassle. Better off just getting the trim and replacing the top.

41husk

I will try to dig through it this weekend,  What exactly are youy looking for?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

punisher054

All,

Here is a picture. Only one I have. Still have to get it home, just bought it, and the list of parts that I have is what was in it.

Husk,

I am looking for a drivers side grill and the trim that goes across the roof at the end of the vinyl top, as well as a decently straight front valance.

Thanks in advance for the help!

punisher054

I know I am replying to myself, but look at the difference between Nacho's car and mine, although they are the same color and trim....WOW................... :o

Nacho-RT74

Is not mine, is  another member's car

Charger1973

If Husk doesnt end up having the trim you need get ahold of me.  I have a bunch of it too that hasnt made its way to ebay yet. 

my73charger

I have found alot of pieces on EBay so make sure and watch there.  I have a real straight front bumper (less the bumperettes) but it would need to be rechromed.  I just recently pulled it off from a car that had been sitting for years in the weeds.  Pm me if you are interested.

41husk

I have the grill but the Left hand side is better than the right, im not sure but I think the right side is the one you need,  Mine is not missing any fins but I would rate it as a driver, i have all of the vynil top trim all in good shape. $20 + shopping for the grill and $50 for the vynil top trim, Charger 73, I am only trying to help a guy out, I don't make a living selling parts, so if you have parts that can help this member out, you will not be stepping on my toes.  If you have pieces that will help jump in and offer them up my friend.  You have helped me in the past and i appreciate it. Lets get as many old chargers back on the road that we can.   Allen
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

punisher054

You guys all rock....will get with you on the details!

Thanks,

Chris

p.s. anyone know of a straight front valance available? Still have to go junkyarding too....

Charger1973

I checked today and have no valances or grilles that arent busted up.  I have a couple sets of the vinyl top trim I think, and I only have one nice set of bumpers left but I think I might hang onto that set as spares for mine...

41husk

I have some bumperetts as I removed  mine I believe I have a good front bumper but no rear.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904