News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vintage Racing at Pacific Raceways

Started by triple_green, July 02, 2007, 08:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

I finally got a day off. So I took my 14 YO to the SOVREN Vintage races at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA. This track is 3 miles from my house. I have been there many times for the drag races, but never seen a full course race. It was awesome. My son whose only reference is X-box racing games, even thought it was neat.

There were vintage racers from the 50s and 60s. Lots of European cars, but a few examples of American Muscle as well. Not much Mopar though. One race had a 70 AAR cuda and a 70 Challenger T/A. They were neck and neck the whole race.

There were four different vantage points on the track and we spent time watching from them all.

Overall a great time and we loved the sounds of the unrestricted exhausts, even on the 4 European four bangers.

Will go again next year if we can...

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Brock Samson

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Brock Samson

Lowprofile

I love that vintage trans-am racing! Great pics bro!  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

pettyfan43

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 02, 2007, 10:57:51 AM
:o

hey Todd it's a truck!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheelnut/551019066/

a race DAYTONA!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheelnut/653481620/

ok,.. ok, a green mopar...  ::)
I know a guy that helped restore that #77 car and they are doing the #76 now. They also did the #42 Dan Gurney Cuda and the Prototype Petty Kit car that was rebodied as a Challenger and they have one of Jim Cushamn's Aspen/Volare kit cars.  Dave also has a 71 Charger S/E he bought new.

RallyeMike

Missed ya 3XGreen.

The really cool thing is that the Challenger and Cuda were run in the Historic Big-Bore class meaning they had to have pedigree - ie: They were all real Trans Am cars from the day. This wasnt a show parade either - most of these cars were getting run pretty hard. A blast to watch, hear and smell. Parnelli Jones was there and signing anything people put in front of him. He's looking fit for 75 or so.

I looked the Cuda over thoroughly in the pits. It obviously had had the roof bashed in big-time and hammered back out. I thought perhaps it had been rolled, but the current owner said that a Garlits Hemi had fell on it while in transport ! 

R.Mike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

GeneralLeeTESH

:scratchchin:
GeneralLeeTESH  made it there with HERBIE !!!
The TESH