News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

edlebrock intake wont fit

Started by 74340charger, June 30, 2007, 02:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74340charger

okay, I have a preformer intake, but the holes don't line up like the original one does. it's a 360, and I had a stock 340 intake on it, why isn't it lining up?

73chargercali

has the block ever been decked? did you check the part # on the intake just to be sure?

74340charger

I didn't check the part # on the intake itself, but everything else on the box and paper work says it's right. It is an original 360 block. I pulled the intake off myself. I threw a stock 340 intake on there. would those two intakes work on a decked block?

Steve P.

Are the holes IN LINE?? Or are you saying they line up but you cannot get the bolts in and threaded??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

73chargercali

the two intakes should have the same bolt patern and as long as the 340 intake wasn't shaved to compensate for a decked block it shold be the same as the 360.

74340charger

okay, so this looks to be the problem. the edelbrock intake is the right part #, even has 318/360 stamped on it. but it doesn't have a hole in it for the guide at the back near the distributer. and as far as the holes lining up. If you thread a bolt in on one side, you're half a bolt off on the other side, like the intake isn't wide enough. has anyone had this problem, or am I really lucky?

tecmopar

Its not just the block being decked, if the heads were cut/milled then the intake side of the head also needs to cut. Either way the C/L of the intake bolt holes are lower and the manifold holes won't line up. If you find that this is the problem, and the motor is assembled you can have a good machine shop cut the manifold to fit BUT, then it won't fit correctly  on a stock, uncut motor, good luck.

74340charger

this is an untouched block!!!!! and untouched heads. the intake is missing holes it should  have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_angry: :brickwall:

73chargercali

i have a performer intake sitting next my computer now and don't see any guide hole near the distributor? are you talking about the distributor relife cut in the intake?

have you done a quick check for any wires or obstructions on the head/block surfaces? have you compared the two intakes? what were the differences?

74340charger

okay, the other 2 stock intakes fit it saturday. but also the eddy one didn't. back by the distributer, if you're looking straight at it, there is a little pin sticking up just to the left. there is no hole for that pin to go into. 

Plumcrazy

Quote from: 74340charger on July 02, 2007, 05:49:25 PM
okay, the other 2 stock intakes fit it saturday. but also the eddy one didn't. back by the distributer, if you're looking straight at it, there is a little pin sticking up just to the left. there is no hole for that pin to go into. 

Some of the aftermarket manifolds don't have those holes.  Just remove the pin from the block and glue the end gaskets in place or use RTV sealer.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

73chargercali

fully agree with plumcrazy just use needlenose pliers or similar to pull the dowl pin and good luck.

Hot_Rodder

Have you compared the bolt holes on the eddy to the other intakes? If they don' line up, then.... Now, just thinking about it, if the other intakes fit on it, and the eddy want, then obviously they want match up, but it's just one other thing to say you've checked.... :eek2: