News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carburetor Base Gasket for 750cfm Holley on CH4B

Started by Chatt69chgr, June 29, 2007, 06:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

Can anyone help me identify the correct carburetor base gasket to use between a Holley 0-3310C (Holley 4160, 750cfm) and a Edelbrock Ch4B Intake Manifold.  This is on a 440 engine.  I called Edelbrock and they didn't have a clue.  I looked at the picture of the Edelbrock Performer Intake for a 440 on their website and the attachment surface where the carb sits pretty much looks like my Ch4B.  I'll call Holley tech line monday if nobody comes up with a part number.  Thanks. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres mine to match my 4 hole phenolic 1/2" spacer......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

Thanks Chris. 

Did you use the phenolic spacer to reduce heat to the carburetor or to increase the plenum depth to prevent reversion back to the carburetor?

Does your carburetor (I see the proform main body) have a secondary metering block or secondary metering plate?

Did you buy the coil relocation plate from Fabulous Fabrications or did you make it?

Just 6T9 CHGR

1.  I got the spacer to increase volume (4 hole for bottom end) also because I used a drop base aircleaner to gain hood clearance

2. No metering block...uses the stock plate

3. the bracket is from FF but it is modified (turned upside down & new holes drilled to fit the coil in a "stock looking" location)  Had to use it because of the dropped base
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

Thanks for the information and pictures Chris.  I really appreciate your help.

firefighter3931

Chatt, just a note on carb spacers for information purposes :

Open spacers are used primarily for increased plenum volume. 4-hole spacers are for increased signal to the boosters and help with throttle response. Unless the dual plane is very small i would use the 4-hole like the one Chris has. The CH4B has a generous size plenum and well sized runners so increasing the plenum volume isn't necessary. The insulation of the carb is an added bonus.  :yesnod:

I would also use the felpro 1215 intake gasket to block off the heat crossover. This will keep the manifold and carb cooler and prevent fuel boiling/vapor lock issues.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: firefighter3931 on July 01, 2007, 01:34:57 PM

I would also use the felpro 1215 intake gasket to block off the heat crossover. This will keep the manifold and carb cooler and prevent fuel boiling/vapor lock issues.  ;)

Ron

And wont burn the paint off your nicely painted intake ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

Thanks Chris and may I ask where you obtained the drop base.  I did some searching and couldn't find one that would work with the Mopar unsilenced black wrinkle air cleaner that I have. 

Ron----I appreciate the info about the intake gasket.  That was something I was wondering about.  And also the info on spacers.  I learn something on this forum every day.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Check this topic....the last post has a link to an ebay auction with the part # for the 13" Ford Motorsport chrome aircleaner which has a dropped base.  I used the base off this air cleaner because it is 13" like the stock unsilenced Mopar one

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,11325.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

I love this forum.  Ask and ye shall receive. 

Thanks Chris.