News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which front seats go with this 73 Charger?

Started by spcterry, July 18, 2007, 02:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spcterry

I bought this 1973 Charger a week ago and it came with no front seats. I was wondering if you could tell me by the backseat which front seats went this car? I was contemplating just picking up a couple of black leather buckets at a junkyard and putting them in, but I'm not sure what I would do for a center console. It's an automatic too.

Charger1973

The VIN starts with WL21, right?  This is the correct front seat for that car.

spcterry

THANKS! Now any idea where I could get some?  :icon_smile_big:

Charger1973

They arent that common but they arent desriable either, so that seat might be hard to find but shouldnt cost that much.   I would post an ad in the parts wanted section.  I have some bench seats but not that style, mine are the style with the folding center arm rests.  The interior you have is the lowest price interior available.  My first Charger had that interior and its pretty cool...  The problem is that i'm not sure if they make reproduction covers for those seats and the door panels arent made anymore either.  (the ones with the cloth inserts I mean, the ones they make have the woodgrain vinyl instead).

spcterry

well that sucks, cuz other than the carpet, headliner and front seats the interior is pretty much perfect. all the door panels and moulding are in great shape. Would it be possible to put in some buckets or another type bench? If I did buckets is there anyway to put a center console in?

Charger1973

Yeah they will bolt right in.  A console will require the floor mounting brackets (or you could make some) and the buckets you will need to drill new mounting holes for the inside tracks but I think the holes in the floor are already dimpled in the right location.  I dont know where you live but if you want a bench with armrest I have one you can have free or I have a set of buckets for that came from my 73 for sale, check my post in the for sale section.  They would have to be picked up in central Iowa and would need recovering.  The back seats all share the same core and foam, so you dont need to worry about changing your back seat to match if you change the front seat.  You would only need to install a new cover.   

spcterry

That would be awesome but unfortunately I live in North Texas. I just did a little searching and by the time I can afford em it doesn't look like they'll be horribly expensive. Thanks much for the help.

Charger1973

No problem.  Post some more pics of you car when you get time im curious to see it.   :2thumbs: