News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone just do single stage enamel anymore?

Started by bull, July 01, 2007, 11:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Or is it all base coat/clear coat these days? Any pics of single stage paint on a Mopar?

JimShine

My car and Lee1 are single stage. It takes a while for this stuff to cure. It also will need a follow up cut and buff as it tends to gain an eggshell patina after it has fully cured. Lee1 still reeks like it just left the body shop, and that paint was applied in October.

Personally, I don't think I will do it again on my own car. I just don't like how it ages and it seems to be a little more brittle.

hemi-hampton

I've done a few over the years but not many lately. LEON.

mopar_madman

here is my 73 single stage black acrylic urethane
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

BMOTOXSTAR

It is cheap and can look good but when you buff or wax a little bit always comes off. :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

dads_69

No photos as of right now, but I shoot single stage quite often. Nothing wrong with it, just base clear lasts longer is all. They both have excellent shine, as long as the paint is taken care of like anything for that matter. I lay down 4 coats of single stage vs 3 and 3 base clear.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.