News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leaf spring front bushing

Started by 69XP383, July 01, 2007, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69XP383

I have two leaf spring front bushings coming in the mail on Tuesday (the large bushing). Any sugestions on how to install them? Do I need to find someone with a press, or are they easy enough to install with conventional tools I might have laying around in the garage? Looks to me like they will probably be a pain to get then installed...tight tolerances and all.

Charger1973

I would think you could do it at home.  Ive never done the fronts but the rears were easy with a little lubrication.

kab69440

Installing them is easy, it's getting the old ones out that's a pain. A common rubber mallet is your friend.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."