News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

update: dash progress pics

Started by Bandit72, July 01, 2007, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

here's what i've been working on while my charger is in the body shop...i got the majority of it together last night and i'm gonna start "touching up" and mounting the glove box door and ashtray. Then i will start with the wiring. I know it probably won't win me any awards but i figure since i only have 100 bucks in it i won't complain. Sorry for the low quality pics, i will get more when i get it all cleaned up and actually take it outside into the sunlight
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Charger1973

That looks good man.  What made you decide to use the diamond plate insert?

Bandit72

just to be different i guess....i'm not putting A/C in it...so i didn't want the vents....but i didn't want it to look "plain" so i got some tread plate from work and cut it down to size and glued it under the dash cap.

Charger1973

I like it.  I might do something similar in my Blazer but in my Charger I decided to go ahead with the woodgrain.  I originally didnt want any woodgrain and I was gathering parts to do my interior.  The first 2 pics are parts that I was going to use, but I was still going to have to paint the rallye bezel black to match and I didnt really want to do that. 

Charger1973

This is my first Charger.  Notice there was no woodgrain at all, this was the factory lowest price interior. It didnt even have carpet they used the rubber floor mat. 

Nacho-RT74

looking good, but preffer the black dash insert ;)

( just an opinion )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bandit72

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on July 01, 2007, 02:33:13 PM
looking good, but preffer the black dash insert ;)

( just an opinion )

thats alright, thats what i was hoping for is to get afew people's opinion on it....i just thought the black insert would have looked out of place.