News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pictures of pouring concrete today...........update pics

Started by PocketThunder, June 30, 2007, 10:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

So my neighbor has a big dog motorcycle and she can barely touch the ground when shes on it.  She mentioned that she wants to put in concrete somday so i said, i used to work concrete, i'll do it for you.  So today we poured her slab up to the property line, and then in two weeks we'll pour my side and my apron.  She is paying for all materials, its a pretty nice deal for her and me.  Thats me on the bull float.

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Thats Timmy (Timmy) in the orange shirt.   :cheers:

EDIT:  I guess he's not in this picture, but he was there. :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Troy

You guys were pretty busy this weekend! Wanna come visit me for two or three days? I bet we could raise a barn, build a deck, and finish a Charger or two... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 30, 2007, 10:55:08 PM

I must be colorblind???  Nice work Paul :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on July 01, 2007, 05:38:11 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 30, 2007, 10:55:08 PM

I must be colorblind???  Nice work Paul :cheers:

D'Oh! :brickwall: you're right, he's not in any of those pictures..  well he was there, you can see him here  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30500.msg335910.html#msg335910

TruckDriver

Looks good Paul. I could use a slab to park my Charger on too next to my house ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger-Bodie

its hard to catch a Timmy  with a camera they are too quick and nimble ! there is a blur in that one photo i bet thats him!  :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

I see the boss in the orange shorts supervising from the garage door.

timmy

Quote from: 1hot68 on July 01, 2007, 10:40:28 AM
its hard to catch a Timmy  with a camera they are too quick and nimble ! there is a blur in that one photo i bet thats him!  :D

real funny ha ha ha       

69_500

Man what a busy weekend you guys had. Are you sure you guys aren't free next weekend to come down to Indy to do some work around my house? I need a few things done.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on July 01, 2007, 10:39:38 AM
Looks good Paul. I could use a slab to park my Charger on too next to my house ;)

What! ?  i would have thought you were an asphalt man..?..?? :shruggy:   :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 02, 2007, 11:06:00 AM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on July 01, 2007, 10:39:38 AM

What! ?  i would have thought you were an asphalt man..?..?? :shruggy:   :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:

:whistling:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

Finished my side of the concrete job this past Saturday.  We also had some left over to set up our porch floor.  My 2 1/2 year old son had no problems sticking his hands in the concrete ;D

My neighbor told me the property line was 1 foot off of my garage.  I knew this was incorrect because the garage has to be 3' off the line per code.  I took my 100' tape and pulled 54' from the edge of her lot at the side walk and came up with the correct property line and put a joint there.  I also pulled from the house 2 lots down that just had a professional survey done and came up with the same spot for the property line.  So then i realize that i have 6' of space to the side of my garage for me to add onto.  So i struck a line where the future edge of the garage wall will be.  Now i can fit a single car garage door in for the Chargers on that side (with a lift someday) and still have a two car garage for us to park in!

Paul
in St. Paul

PocketThunder

The house 2 lots down was demoed and i was able to save some flagstone that was used for a retaining wall.  We cleaned it up and placed it down for a porch floor on the front of our house for now.  When my money tree starts growing i can build an elevated porch floor with new steps further out from the house.  But for now, to get the permit closed, this will work just fine.  I need to get some sealer on it to bring out the color of the stone.  And i need to box out the porch columns.  Hey, dont those planter boxes look nice?  The guy that built them must work well with wood. :whistling:

TruckDriver

PETE

BigBlockSam

looks great. I've always liked watching guys pour and work the concrete.  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

I've only NOT screwed up concrete one time...the other two times, I ended up ripping it back out & going to plan B. :rotz:
Looks real good, Paul. :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

41husk

That looks great, what would it cost in concrete to pour a slab big enough for a three car garage?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

timmy

PocketThunder

Quote from: 41husk on July 18, 2007, 09:38:11 PM
That looks great, what would it cost in concrete to pour a slab big enough for a three car garage?

Concrete was $150 per cubic yard this time (after tax)  (base concrete + micro fibers + retarder + Saturday delivery charge)  For a 3 car garage i'll use my garage for an example since you didnt give a size, my garage is 26x30=780 sqft.  780 x 4" thick= 257 cubic feet.  Plus extra for the 12x12 thickened footing all the way around is 112' x 8"=75 cubic feet.  So 257+75=332 cuft.  332/27 = 12.3 cubic yards.  12.3 x 10% fudge factor= 13.4 cubic yards. 

So order 13 cubic yards at $150 = $1950. :2thumbs:

Multiply by 2 for labor and your total cost will probably be $6000.