News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 charger coupe with power windows??

Started by toplescuda, July 02, 2007, 01:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toplescuda

hey guys  we got a 72 ralley charger   was told its a coupe  and is coded for power windows???  it only has power windows for the back   the doors are roll uo/down   thought coupes had fixed windows??  and why power on the back and not the front?  the door panels are orignal  dont look like thay have ever been off till today(had to get a door lock unstuck)  the paint on inside of door is same fadded red as rest of the car  here is how the fender tag reads hepl me out if you can on the opptions  thanks
g11...........p31
26...g36...L37.........n23
v4x...u........c16...h51
fe5...e6x9...tx9...706...256340
e68...d34...wh23...p2a...209xxx
also the roof is half painted black    should it be painted black or vinal??

nakita7

No such thing as partial power windows. Doors were changed. The car is not a coupe. A coupe car is WL not WH.

toplescuda

the doors are orignal i had the door panels off today to get a stuck door to unlock  the paint is same faded color as rest of the car  im thinking the front power windows were removed probly didnt work anymore and differnt inside panel added   the coupe thing i wasnt sure of as was just told it was a coupe  car still has the hide a way headlights  and power bulge hood but the 400 ,console and buckets is gone

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger1973

Something is not right.  Maybe the power window motors went bad and someone replaced them with manual regulators.  :shruggy:

toplescuda

yes i got pics but every time i try to post them  says there to big  i cant resize them

BMOTOXSTAR

Open the pictures in Paint and them choose stretch/scew to re-size them. Once you have the correct size you save the pic and re-name it. So post some pic's. :yesnod: :slap:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Or open a free account on photobucket.com and upload them there.  It will automatically resize them for you. 

RD

Quote from: toplescuda on July 02, 2007, 02:54:41 AM
the doors are orignal i had the door panels off today to get a stuck door to unlock  the paint is same faded color as rest of the car  im thinking the front power windows were removed probly didnt work anymore and differnt inside panel added   the coupe thing i wasnt sure of as was just told it was a coupe  car still has the hide a way headlights  and power bulge hood but the 400 ,console and buckets is gone

are there power wires leading into the front doors?  show pics of the lower front door panels
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

toplescuda

went out and looked at it again   looked in the front door jamb and there is no hole where the power windows wires would come through  ...so pulled the cill plate pryed back the floor section  and in the back is the orignal harness  for the back power windows    so pulled the front kick panel on the passenger side (all this is on passenger side) and there is nothen there   acording to what i could look up  p 31 on the fender tag is for power windows  have also been told this tag is correct     car does not look to ever had power windows for the front

Mr_fixit

That's one of those things that no one is going to believe came that way , unless you had a ton of pictures to prove it. 35 years is a lot of time for many people to mess with it.

Nacho-RT74

actually there are cars assemblied with power windos in some doors and manual in others, but normally the powered are in front, not in rear.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html