News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

when does the steering box need replaced?

Started by ron72charger, July 02, 2007, 07:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron72charger

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I am getting different answers from friends. I have been told that I need to replace the steering box. The car will track straight down the road pretty straight unless it hits a bump, or if I have to give it some steering input in a gradual turn, and then it seems I have to over correct that input. All of the front end parts are good. Is there a definitive test to check the steering box? Any input would be appreciated. Also, anybody ever heard of Can Alignment in Milton, Ontario? Thanks a bunch.

chargercraig

BMOTOXSTAR

My Charger does the same thing. The front end parts are all tight but when I hit a bump on the free-way or have to make a sharp fast turn that front end is all over. I was told it is my steering box as well.I heard the worm gear goes bad?
I have a donor steering box, but I heard it is a bitch to put in & take out. :scratchchin:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

71ChallengeHer