News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best way to install 73' Charger Rally stripes?

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, June 30, 2007, 12:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

OK Mopar buddies,
I had to start a new topic for this. How do you put stripes onto a 73' Charger Rally? :shruggy:
I have the black stripes from Phoenix Graphics.
When I go to put my stripes on, start from the end of the car and go down?
:scratchchin:
I heard to use plenty of soapy water and the provided decal squeegee .Told that the soapy water will let you move the stripe? :scratchchin:
Then squeegee to smooth & get out bubbles?
Should the ends of the stripes by the door jams' stop there evenly? No need to trim ?
Thanks for all the help. You guys are a great help & I am fortunate that I have this site to help me out. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

mikesbbody

i have read a few "how too's" in magazines and pretty much as you stated but id if in doubt i would take it to someone who has done it before this is something you dont want to get wrong $$$!

Charger1973

I did a small decal before but I would be afraid to try one like that.  They are so big and run the length of the car, and the fact that its on the side would make it even harder.  Not saying dont do it, but I would make sure you have someone to help with keeping it wet while you are positioning it because its gonna be a challenge!!  Id also be afraid of the positioning...  Ive seen some of these that are WAY off and any little bit is noticeable because the stripe "wraps around" the sidemarkers so it will be obvious if its not perfectly lined up...

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on June 30, 2007, 12:23:26 AM
OK Mopar buddies,
I had to start a new topic for this. How do you put stripes onto a 73' Charger Rally? :shruggy:
I have the black stripes from Phoenix Graphics.
When I go to put my stripes on, start from the end of the car and go down?
:scratchchin:

I made fender and quarter since you have reference there about where to put with opening body line curve and sidemarkers. Be sure on aligment side marker fits just right in the middle of stripe... then install door meeting both ends with fender and quarter section.

To first fit, use masking tape to positioning all stripes first and then start to remove backing paper once everything is wet. Wait to dry enough to remove the front paper.

I heard to use plenty of soapy water and the provided decal squeegee .Told that the soapy water will let you move the stripe? :scratchchin:
Then squeegee to smooth & get out bubbles?
yes, yes and yes.

Should the ends of the stripes by the door jams' stop there evenly? No need to trim ?
no need to trim. just fold.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

41husk

Quote from: Charger1973 on June 30, 2007, 12:30:53 AM
I did a small decal before but I would be afraid to try one like that.  They are so big and run the length of the car, and the fact that its on the side would make it even harder.  Not saying dont do it, but I would make sure you have someone to help with keeping it wet while you are positioning it because its gonna be a challenge!!  Id also be afraid of the positioning...  Ive seen some of these that are WAY off and any little bit is noticeable because the stripe "wraps around" the sidemarkers so it will be obvious if its not perfectly lined up...

I agree,  what did phoenix graphics charge you for the decals, $250? It wouldnt cost more than $150 to have them done.  I had my bulge hood black out with super bee two rumble bees and 3 small bees and it cost $100 bucks.  Lets say you pay to have them put on total cost $400.  If you mess them up and you have to buy another set you will be out $500 and still not have your stripes on. :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Nacho-RT74

would it be great if they sell some sections. Is not fair get a crash on one fender and have to buy all the set.

I have lucky, since mines are custom home made by a graphic designer and I can make just the piece I need
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

41husk

That is a thought Natcho,  He can take it to a local graphics place would give you a discount to let them copy it on there computer.  You will get a discount and they will have the sections if you ever need them.  Trust me, they will do it.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

BMOTOXSTAR

41Husk & Nacho,
    Thanks, I am going to see what a local decal shop will charge to copy & make a piece if I need it. I am also going to look into having them done.by a pro. I will keep you guys posted on what i decide to do. You guys are right, I do not want to mess up a $200 dollar stripes. That is what the local "so Called Muscle Car Shop) charged me. That is a whole different topic on this site. They ripped me off and ended up getting the kit from Phoenix.
:flame:
Same place that I could have went to. :rotz:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904