News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American Auto Industry finally gains a profit!

Started by Crazy Larry, July 31, 2007, 11:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Larry

After years of losing money and decreasing sales, Ford and GM finally post a profit in their 2nd quarters.....

GM

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070731/BUSINESS01/70731014

and Ford

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070726/earns_ford.html?.v=10

Now if we can just get those tariffs on foreign cars, we'd be sitting really good.

70charger_boy

I really find it hard to believe that the big 3 were loosing all that money.  All I see on the road are the new mustangs and american pick uptrucks and suv's, yet they lost billions??  Anyway, good for them

Ponch ®

Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 31, 2007, 12:02:39 PM
I really find it hard to believe that the big 3 were loosing all that money.  All I see on the road are the new mustangs and american pick uptrucks and suv's, yet they lost billions??  Anyway, good for them

a lot (if not all) of the profits on each of those cars were eaten up by "legacy" costs.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

73dodge

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 31, 2007, 12:22:58 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 31, 2007, 12:02:39 PM

a lot (if not all) of the profits on each of those cars were eaten up by "legacy" costs.

yep, that is the advantage in cars made overseas
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Old Moparz

The term "The Company Lost Money" doesn't mean much to me. What they should say instead, is "The Amount Of Money We Expected To Make, But Just Didn't" is more like it. Lost money or not, the people in upper management have no problem collecting 7 figure bonuses. Management will never realize that management is the problem.    ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 31, 2007, 01:27:09 PM
  Lost money or not, the people in upper management have no problem collecting 7 figure bonuses.

Because, as the union guys like to always say, "It's in the contract".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

aifilaw

willing to bet its the same as the airlines....
major expenditure #1.... CEO writing himself a paycheck bonus for 34 million dollars.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

70charger_boy

Quote from: aifilaw on July 31, 2007, 02:45:15 PM
major expenditure #1.... CEO writing himself a paycheck bonus for 34 million dollars.

American Airlines CEO received a 60 million dollar bonus and cut the pilots and mechanics pay in half.  Way to go, douchebag!

73dodge

Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 31, 2007, 02:48:17 PM

American Airlines CEO received a 60 million dollar bonus and cut the pilots and mechanics pay in half.  Way to go, douchebag!

60 million dollars and AA still left me high and dry this past monday,

I booked a flight to Dallas from Cleveland leaving 7am, I get to the airport and was told that there was a 3 hr delay for "crew rest" then when 9:50am rolled around we were told that the plane was delayed because of "mechanical difficulties" which is just code words for we can't get the plane out of the hanger. 4 hours later we finally leave cleveland and I arrive in dallas at 4:30pm.

Not a problem except for the fact that I am in a 5 day Microsoft exchange class that runs from 8am to 8pm and I missed 3/4 of the first day. The class cost my company $1500.00 and I have to take the certification test Friday and if I fail it I have to fork over the 150.00 to take a make up test. So now it is Tuesday I am a day behind in materials and I still have to take the test Friday morning. So AA will end up costing me 150.00 if I fail the test because I missed 20% of the information I need to pass the test.

Way to go AA you and Northworst are the 2 airlines I will never fly again.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

70charger_boy

Quote from: 73dodge on July 31, 2007, 08:35:12 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on July 31, 2007, 02:48:17 PM

60 million dollars and AA still left me high and dry this past monday,

I booked a flight to Dallas from Cleveland leaving 7am, I get to the airport and was told that there was a 3 hr delay for "crew rest" then when 9:50am rolled around we were told that the plane was delayed because of "mechanical difficulties" which is just code words for we can't get the plane out of the hanger. 4 hours later we finally leave cleveland and I arrive in dallas at 4:30pm.

Not a problem except for the fact that I am in a 5 day Microsoft exchange class that runs from 8am to 8pm and I missed 3/4 of the first day. The class cost my company $1500.00 and I have to take the certification test Friday and if I fail it I have to fork over the 150.00 to take a make up test. So now it is Tuesday I am a day behind in materials and I still have to take the test Friday morning. So AA will end up costing me 150.00 if I fail the test because I missed 20% of the information I need to pass the test.

Way to go AA you and Northworst are the 2 airlines I will never fly again.

RANT ON
The airlines don't care about their passengers.  I am a corporate pilot and business is booming.  The news reports that there is a pilot shortage, but the real story is that no pilot wants to work for the airlines.  Long delays due to "weather"  that's bull, because I can get an AR (alternative route) without even trying.  Mechanical delays are due to low paid mechanics taking their time.  I was an A and P for American.  That Airline SUCKS!!!!!!!
RANT OFF
HIJACK OVER

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Crazy Larry

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on July 31, 2007, 09:20:49 PM
I notice that Chryeedler isn't one of them :icon_smile_dissapprove:

not sure if they reported their 2nd quarter earnings yet.... :shruggy: