News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HP manifolds on a third gen charger

Started by moparguy01, June 28, 2007, 07:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparguy01

you guys with third gens running HP manifolds, i gotta ask, when you installed the manifolds the back hole of the manifold is one of the wholes that needs a barrel nut.well i put the stud in there and tried to slide the manifold in, but it didnt fit. I'm wondeirng do i need to put the manifold up there then run the stud into the barrel nut and run the whole thing into that hole? or is there some other trick? these manifolds were on a 73 charger with a factory 400 HP so they should be the same i think.
when i try to slide the manifold over the stud it hits the steering column, it looks like it will fit just fine once it gets into its place over the stud though. maybe i need to disconnect the column and swing that rod out of the way abit??

any ideas?

AKcharger

I don't recall doing anything funky, I know not all of attachments are studs...perhaps a bolt in the area your speaking of. dod you have a pic to refresh my memory. I know my HP manifolds fit mine on my '72 400

moparguy01

i cant run a bolt there because it needs to be the long barrel nut. i dont have a pic right now either unfortunately.

BMOTOXSTAR

The last bolt on the driver's side manifold, towards the steering wheel, is a long bolt that is used for the water (coollant). It was not a bitch to get the bolt in but it didi take some finageling. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Chargerfanatic

It should slide right on without moving the steering. Does it even go on part of the way?

87 Shelby GLHS