News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Help choosing air filter for air compressor

Started by sixpack_sid, May 27, 2008, 07:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I've seen air filters that take water out of the air so that you don't get drips when you paint. I went to Harbor Freight yesterday and the only ones they had were lubricating. I'm not famiiliar with these. Do they take water out of the air? Are they any good for painting using a spray gun? Will the lubricant get into the paint gun? Any suggestions on what kind of filter I should buy?
Thanks!
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

mikepmcs

I would think the lubricating ones would be for air tool use only.  :Twocents:

Maybe this site can help you.

http://airhosereels.com/filters1.html

The Auto Body Technicians on this site will be able to answer what filter/regulator system works best for them.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?