News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Feedback on paint colors for my 2 cars...

Started by charger-jeff, June 11, 2007, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger-jeff

**Well , I am going to bite the bullet & paint both my cars.

1970 Charger RT -------- I am thinking Plum Crazy Purple(Black top with black interior & S&P Cloth insert seat covers., Maybee even GATOR top if $$$ is right).

1970 Roadrunner Convertible ------------ I am leaning towards black (all black) & this car will be a rotissorie.....

Any opinions or combo's before the deed is done...?

Cheers , Jeff

moparguy01

ya, as an owner of a black car it sucks. they never stay clean, and you can see every little scratch in the black. unfortunately it just looks so damn good.

OttawaCharger

First of all, welcome aboard!
2nd of all Regardless of what I think is the best colour, go with what you think is best.  If you don't you'll be looking at your freshly  finished car thinking that you could've done better. 
Finally, I think you need to provide us with some pics so we know what we're starting with  :icon_smile_cool:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Ghoste

The Charge sound nice but the if the Runner were mine, I'd go with a cliched B5 blue.

hemi-hampton

The Color Combo's sound good to me, Who do you have planned for doing the work?  :icon_smile_wink: :shruggy: LEON.

Charger1973

I like colors that stand out.  Id go with Top Banana yellow on the 70 RT.

70 RR vert I think I would go with Panther Pink. 

But then again, I am crazy, so dont listen to me.   ;) :D

69bronzeT5

Quote from: charger-jeff on June 11, 2007, 09:00:24 PM
**Well , I am going to bite the bullet & paint both my cars.

1970 Charger RT -------- I am thinking Plum Crazy Purple(Black top with black interior & S&P Cloth insert seat covers., Maybee even GATOR top if $$$ is right).

1970 Roadrunner Convertible ------------ I am leaning towards black (all black) & this car will be a rotissorie.....

Any opinions or combo's before the deed is done...?

Cheers , Jeff

Well do what your heart tells ya. We can all make suggestions but its up to you in the end. May I suggest going and talking to DS440 on the Photoshop Thread to maybe do you some photoshops of what you want.

Now if I was you, Id paint the 70 Charger exactly the same way you want it and the RR, id say B5 blue
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BronzeOnSteelies

68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

71ChallengeHer

I like the combos that you picked. But then again I'm crazy for Plum Crazy  :D

69DodgeCharger

Way to many Purple cars out there already for my taste, try something different? I am painting mine Mist Turquoise it is a 70 GM (Pontiac) color. It looks much better in person than it does in the picture. Don't be afraid to check out the colors of the Brand X cars, or even something custom from like House of Kolors......if you can afford them! As far as the Roadrunner goes black is a good color because of the cars rounded shape and minimal body lines, seems to me like black hides all of your body lines, but hey that's just my opinion. You wouldn't happen to be in Harrison Township would you?

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

70charger_boy

charger-jeff

**I really do not see that many Plum Crazy 1970 Chargers.. @ least not here in Michigan & I already have 1 Hemi orange 70 Charger RT & 1 Go Mango 70 Charger RT... All 4 Spped cars.  Orange is out of the question & I have definetely decided to stick with purple..

-------As far as the 1970 Roarunner convertible , the only othe color I am considering is 999 Silver... However , I am 99% positive on all black..

Cheers , Jeff

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

69DodgeCharger

Hey Jeff,

I thought you were getting out of the Charger game?.........LOL, did you ever talk with the junkyard about those Chargers. Or were the $2,500 and up prices for $400 scrap heaps to much to deal with. I still need to get with you on some interior stuff.......If I ever come up with any cash that is. Don't be a stranger stop in here more often!
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

chargercraig

Yeh, send Pics :yesnod: Its like lookin at hot women for us  :D And welcome to the site :moon:

71charger_fan

If you're considering silver, check out the silver they used on the Shelby Chargers, that was a nice, rich color. Also, I had a '68 Barracuda convertible many years ago with a black interior. I'd never do a black interior on a convertible again.