News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Challenger caught on the road...

Started by xs29j8Bullitt, June 28, 2007, 05:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 29, 2007, 12:23:55 PM
  The dealer told me that the car will be a hot seller when it comes out and is going to sell for 5 grand above sticker and I will need to put down a deposit if I wanted one....

Told ya.  :yesnod:

Nacho-RT74

does look the trunk lid and tail lights gonna be like Chagnum, with V shape up to bumper... maybe  :shruggy:

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69Charger_440

Is that four doors :stirthepot: I see on that Challenger?  :stirthepot: :devil:

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on June 29, 2007, 02:07:43 PM
Is that four doors :stirthepot: I see on that Challenger?  :stirthepot: :devil:

I don't see rear doors....... :scope:
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

69charger2002

sure is a lotta brake dust on those wheels  :scratchchin: lol  .. note silently to self. PLEASE let it be just like the concept.. and REASONABLY priced
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69Charger_440

Brock Samson

you forgot the alert sign...

no one cares it's not a hardtop?..

america can't build a hardtop anyumore huh, just the germans, the british, italians and japanese?.. is that right?..

Ghoste

I think everyone cares but after the controversy of the latest car they called Charger, no one wants to cry too loudly for fear of seeming ungrateful.  We did beg for a two door after all.

IowaCharger69

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 29, 2007, 07:46:30 PM

america can't build a hardtop anyumore huh, just the germans, the british, italians and japanese?.. is that right?..

I care that it is not a hard top, but Ghoste is right, beggars can not be choosers. Predator versus Alien sucked, but it's the BEST Predator versus Alien movie ever. Cool stuff that fits your niche doesn't roll around too often so when it does I snatch it up and I learn to love it. I might bitch at first, but I'll do everything I can to get behind something that I have wanted a long time even if it isn't exactly what I want.

Blakcharger440

That doesnt look like the pics of the concept cars that have been floating around. What did they do to it!!! I knew they would screw it up somehow.  :slap:

Ghoste

I'm still willing to give them a wait and see on the final production version.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on June 30, 2007, 11:17:16 PM
That doesnt look like the pics of the concept cars that have been floating around. What did they do to it!!! I knew they would screw it up somehow.  :slap:

What are you talking about?  It looks pretty close to me...
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

2fast4u

Quote from: pettyfan43 on June 28, 2007, 10:36:25 PM
I don't understand the B-pillar fixation. Somebody help me here.  :shruggy:

Are you refering to the rear side window?  if so then I believe that is a "C" pillar and not a "B" pillar.   They more than likely are covering up what doesn't have to show to keep the public eye confused as to what the car really is!  No different than a movie star wearing a hat and sunglasses to try to hide there identity.

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

2fast4u

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 29, 2007, 12:44:40 PM
does look the trunk lid and tail lights gonna be like Chagnum, with V shape up to bumper... maybe  :shruggy:

OR. . . maybe it has a rear spoiler and still looks like the prototype!   :Twocents:

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Ghoste

Looks like the little TA inspired ducktail to me.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 29, 2007, 07:46:30 PM

I really care, but at least is one step forward
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

plum500

Looks like they have changed the backend (regardless of the possible spoiler).

Could see possible changes in those pics from the factory -- both in the way the trunk was cut out, changes to the lines in the lower part of the quarter, and, it looked like the ends of the quarters were going to accept end cap style components, lights or whatever. Basically all moving it towards the style/standard that is everything else out there. Not sure how much has to be changed from the concept do to regulations, or, I could be way off base completely and nothing has changed. Perhaps the structure has changed but they will maintain the look of the concept -- but I have my doubts.

I will be extremely surprised to see that seemless backend of the concept.

Those tailpipes are a good distance below where the concept ones were though - like 4 or 5" so I expect there has been some modern droop added to that backend.

plum500

Meh... maybe it's just the molded stuff is going to the top of the quarters and they will maintain the concept look. Looks like the trunk cutout I thought I saw before might be behind any tail light treatment... dunno.

Definitely not going to be tucked up as much underneath though -- those pipes are definitely lower.

Ghoste

Well, naturally I can't find the source now, but they said a long time ago the back would be different.  The concept car has a neon taillight and it was made clear that it was not a practical taillight for production purposes.  Now all they said really was that the method of light generation would change but I never took that to mean anything except conventional bulb and conventional (read- common production parts) styling.

plum500

Yeah -- I was hoping they would keep the shape, and ditch that single neon setup - that's the only thing I didn't really like on the concept. Solid piece even -- with some details and obvious separate lights required.

Brock Samson

just for comparo purposes..

:scope:

the concept was a actual hardtop too BTW..  :-\

xs29j8Bullitt

New pictures... this time a Silver car.  From the Cheers & Gears Forum (GM).

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Ghoste

It looks even better in silver.  :drool5: :drool5:
My wife decided to hold off on a new Nitro for herself so maybe I can still swing her  (swing-her, haha, a Mopar pun and I wasn't even trying  ::)) into one of these.  :scratchchin:

plum500

Damn. Now I am liking those shots. That first one is awesome. I'm really glad they kept a decent sized front end on it. Love the door/side lines, windshield angle, fenders -- there's a nice bit ahead of the front wheels and a decent hood.

Errrr wait... except there's one thing...the way that camo is lying, it doesn't look like the grill design goes straight across.

I REALLY hope they didn't add a protruding crosshair grill/nose. I will just shake my head and sigh.

dodgecharger-fan

Front fascia and rear valance can be changed out with *ahem* body kits.

Maybe they made a back office deal with the aftermarket to put out an ugly nose and rear so that we can all go spend our money moddin the snot out of these cars.

Just a thought.