News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW 69 Charger For Insurance Company

Started by venom04, July 09, 2007, 05:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venom04

Hey guys im trying to give the insurance company a rough quote on what my car is worth.  Ive got a 440 and a 727, ive got all the interior peices, the front floor pans were the only thing missing. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22872.msg248323.html#msg248323
There is some general pictures of it.  Any help would be great.
:drive:

OttawaCharger

I think the only thing an insurance company would accept would be an appraisal or a collection of receipts.  At least that is what my insurance company said when I called and asked them.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

venom04

Thanks Pocket thats exactly what i told them.  Just wanted to make sure i was pretty close.
:drive:

bull

My '68 is valued at about $17k through Hagerty and that's in primer without paint (body work done), unrestored engine/trans on the garage floor, interior completely gutted, etc. Hagerty doesn't mess around with the appraisal BS, it's an agreed-to value between them and the owner.

Ghoste

Did they make you get an appraisal Bull or did you just submit a value to them?

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on July 10, 2007, 12:09:52 AM

You just submit a value to them.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Back N Black

I got my rolling shell insured with Allstate a couple of weeks ago and they required an appraisal,so thats what i did. We don't have any antique auto insurance Company's up here in Canada. :RantExplode:

Brock Samson

i bumped my charger from $14K to $30K when i added the road runner a yr. ago april, (it's also at $30K), the maximum J.C. Taylor allows without an appraisal.
  J.C. Taylor has been a wonderful help in situations that have required it since 1989 when i first had the car appraised at $14K...

;)

Ghoste

Quote from: Back N Black on July 10, 2007, 10:02:37 AMWe don't have any antique auto insurance Company's up here in Canada.

If that is what your broker is telling you, it's time for a new agent.  Mine is through ING and while not an antique specific company, my policy is.  There are also other antique vehicle options in Canada, try Silver Wheels for example.  I don't endorse or know anything about them, just that it is an option.
Point is, you can get antique auto insurance in Canada.

bull

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 10, 2007, 08:07:26 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 10, 2007, 12:09:52 AM

You just submit a value to them.
:yesnod:

OttawaCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on July 10, 2007, 11:54:19 AM
Quote from: Back N Black on July 10, 2007, 10:02:37 AMWe don't have any antique auto insurance Company's up here in Canada.

If that is what your broker is telling you, it's time for a new agent.  Mine is through ING and while not an antique specific company, my policy is.  There are also other antique vehicle options in Canada, try Silver Wheels for example.  I don't endorse or know anything about them, just that it is an option.
:iagree: I used to subscribe to a Canadian biweekly newspaper called "Old Autos" that had a few advertisements for auto insurers that specialized in old iron.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

bull

BTW, Hagerty does require that you send in photos and some general information initially, just so you don't get the idea that they're totally taking your word for it. However, IIRC they did not ask me for any additional pics when I asked them to increase the value.

Back N Black

Quote from: Ghoste on July 10, 2007, 11:54:19 AM

I know what your saying Ghoste,I called Silver Wheels and many Company's like that and they will insure Antique Autos but not rolling shells,which is what i have.The response was, sorry if it is not serviceable or roadworthy,can't help you .

Ghoste

I don't know what to tell you about a rolling shell.  To be truthful, I wouldn't have even thought about approaching an auto insurer about a car that is a work in progress.  I would probably try to cover it under a property clause in my homeowners or something like that.  There may be no response from the insurers you've contacted but somebody somewhere has a policy that would suit a rolling shell.  Your agent should be trying harder to find something suitable.  It's personal property and it's subject to damage or loss, they insure dancers legs for crying out loud.