News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boyd Coddington

Started by Magnumcharger, June 27, 2007, 02:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerkwad or the next best thing to sliced bread?

Jerkwad
59 (67.8%)
Jerkwad-like
23 (26.4%)
Seldom a Jerkwad
3 (3.4%)
Never Jerkwad-like
0 (0%)
Sliced bread!
2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: July 17, 2007, 02:54:54 PM

Magnumcharger

Everybody has an opinion of this guy.
Just for fun...yours can be counted...NOW!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

72chargerSE

Jerkwad is to nice a word....

Egotistical Knucklehead is more like it.

41husk

maybe it is just the show, but I have never seen him work on anything he didn't screw up.  Dewayne seems to know his stuff but is a jerkwod!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

whitehatspecial

He may have been a legendary HotRod builder at some point, much of that should have been attributed to his talented former employees.  TV has exposed him as a little self-absorbed tyrant who is an unreasonable employer. He is a prick, his foreman Dwayne is a bigger prick and I wouldn't let them build a chicken coop for me.

:RantExplode:
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Lowprofile

Quote from: whitehatspecial on June 27, 2007, 04:44:09 PM
He may have been a legendary HotRod builder at some point, much of that should have been attributed to his talented former employees.  TV has exposed him as a little tyrant who is impossible to work. He is a prick, his former Dwayne is a bigger prick and I wouldn't let them build a chicken coop for me.

Well said bro. Right on the money. :lol: :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TruckDriver

Quote from: Lowprofile on June 27, 2007, 04:45:37 PM
He may have been a legendary HotRod builder at some point, much of that should have been attributed to his talented former employees.  TV has exposed him as a little tyrant who is impossible to work. He is a prick, his former Dwayne is a bigger prick and I wouldn't let them build a chicken coop for me.

Well said bro. Right on the money. :lol: :2thumbs:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

He may have been a legendary HotRod builder at some point, much of that should have been attributed to his talented former employees.   

Didn't Foose used to work for him?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bsakal

Yup, Foose, Mike, and one of his former painters Charlie
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

70charger_boy

Foose was the vice president of boyd's company

69DodgeCharger

And Charlie filled in the gap between........so to speak.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

70charger_boy

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on June 27, 2007, 06:48:07 PM
And Charlie filled in the gap between........so to speak.

and that would be????....Boyd's wife??

dkn1997

He is a prick, his foreman Dwayne is a bigger prick and I wouldn't let them build a chicken coop for me.

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel...I totall agree, though.  Just comes off like a douchebag and it looks like they take some shortcuts on the cars that don't seem to jibe with the prices they probably get.
RECHRGED

TUFCAT

You didn't have "Dick" as a choice - - so I went with "jerkwad"   :laugh:

whitehatspecial (above)

"He may have been a legendary HotRod builder at some point, much of that should have been attributed to his talented former employees.  TV has exposed him as a little self-absorbed tyrant who is an unreasonable employer. He is a prick, his foreman Dwayne is a bigger prick and I wouldn't let them build a chicken coop for me".

rt green

well, she did cry uncontrolably when he left. i've only seen that reaction during break ups. but who am i to say.
third string oil changer

Rolling_Thunder

I've met the guy...     arrogant to say the least...    but most people in this hobby are...    including Galen, Julius, and the like...      people who are cool in this hobby - Foose, Mike Ross, Steve Strope, and Matt Delaney....     all cool guys...       :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

pettyfan43

He may have been a legendary HotRod builder at some point, much of that should have been attributed to his talented former employees.  TV has exposed him as a little self-absorbed tyrant who is an unreasonable employer. He is a prick, his foreman Dwayne is a bigger prick and I wouldn't let them build a chicken coop for me.

The guy I got my 66 Charger from knows him. Coddington built one or two cars for him and you summed it up JUST ABOUT perfectly, the only part you missed was all around @$$hole!

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 27, 2007, 08:54:46 PM
You didn't have "Dick" as a choice - - so I went with "jerkwad"   :laugh:

whitehatspecial (above)

"He may have been a legendary HotRod builder at some point, much of that should have been attributed to his talented former employees.  TV has exposed him as a little self-absorbed tyrant who is an unreasonable employer. He is a prick, his foreman Dwayne is a bigger prick and I wouldn't let them build a chicken coop for me".

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Big Lebowski

But I like how he fires someone every episode. That's job security taken to a new limit. :RantExplode:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

TUFCAT

Not looking to good for old Boydster right now  :loser: - - 66% of us think he's a   Dick ,  er...um, wait a minute..... "Jerkwad". :down: :down: :down:  Anyway you call it,  that's still a pretty bad reputation.....especially from such a compasionate and forgiving group such as us.   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: 

:fu: Boyd.

70charger_boy

"hey, ah guys, yeah... we're gonna build this 32 roadster from the ground up and.....ah.....we have 4 weeks to do it"

TUFCAT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 28, 2007, 12:30:28 PM

"hey, ah guys, yeah... we're gonna build this 32 roadster from the ground up and.....ah.....we have 4 weeks to do it"

That's FUNNY  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now here's the "correct" response:...........

Really??? ....Then go F*CK yourself boss!!  :2thumbs:

70charger_boy

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 28, 2007, 01:36:01 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 28, 2007, 12:30:28 PM

That's FUNNY  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now here's the "correct" response:...........

:cheers:

Really??? ....Then go F*CK yourself boss!!  :2thumbs:

dkn1997

I like the other thread about the belvedere when boyd's name came up and some guy said "I wouln't let him fix me a sandwich" 
RECHRGED

TUFCAT

That was me ....and thank you,  I'll be here all week,  .....please tip your waitresses, and try the veal.   :cheers: 

Now, back to the Boyd bashing.  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

rt green

floyd who? oh, i remember now. that skinny little shit with the gay shirt.
third string oil changer