News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

front end B body swap question

Started by Stormhammer, September 17, 2005, 02:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormhammer

ok ok ok - dont shoot me - but I was just thinking outloud - can you put like the grill of a '71 Coronet on a 3rd gen Charger?

yea - alot of you may thing its ugly - but I'm just asking, cause like - well, it'd be the first 2 door coronet no?

kab69440

Looks like all the front sheetmetal would need to be swapped with it. Looks different from the Charger stuff to me.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Lowprofile

Wow, that would make a cool daily driver/ cop car clone. I like it just as it is :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

89MOPAR

No.... Coronet R/T !

I think it may work dpending on year. I have a 73 charger and had a 73 coronet wagon , the front loop bumpers were the same as best I could tell, so the grille insert should've fit as well.

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

twilt

Stormhammer

Quote from: twilt on September 17, 2005, 09:43:53 PM
Quote from: Stormhammer on September 17, 2005, 02:53:55 PM
ok ok ok - dont shoot me
request denied

haha - seriously - just toying with the idea, running it around in my head - always wondered why they stopped making them 2door

imagine the amount of double takes people would do if a 2dr 3rd gen coronet rolled in at say, mopar nationals  :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Well, since they changed the Charger vin designation from "X" to "W" in 1971 and "W" had always been the Coronet vin callout, maybe the two door Coronet has been here all along?   :stirthepot:

Troy

Quote from: Stormhammer on September 17, 2005, 11:39:39 PM
ok ok ok - dont shoot me
request denied

haha - seriously - just toying with the idea, running it around in my head - always wondered why they stopped making them 2door

imagine the amount of double takes people would do if a 2dr 3rd gen coronet rolled in at say, mopar nationals  :icon_smile_big:

Hmmmm, I personally wouldn't even notice. Maybe if you hacked the top off, painted it canary yellow with lavender accents, fitted some 24" wire wheels, and stuck a pipe organ in the back I'd take a picture so we could make fun of it.  :icon_smile_big:

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

911bear

1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

Stormhammer

Quote from: Troy on September 18, 2005, 12:25:42 AM
Quote from: Stormhammer on September 17, 2005, 11:39:39 PM
ok ok ok - dont shoot me
request denied

Hmmmm, I personally wouldn't even notice. Maybe if you hacked the top off, painted it canary yellow with lavender accents, fitted some 24" wire wheels, and stuck a pipe organ in the back I'd take a picture so we could make fun of it.  :icon_smile_big:

Troy

you forgot the pimpin neon green suede interior with dat bumpin system yo!

cudaken

With a Hack Saw and Super Glue and Zip Locks anything will fit.

Answer is No

Cuda Ken
I am back

Nacho-RT74

no... front end shape is different. Coronet is allmost perfectly straight ( with corners exception ), and Charged is somekind like an M.
Of course with a lot of job you could try to make some on that, but...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html