News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If this beauty is F8...

Started by Big Lebowski, June 26, 2007, 10:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

...Then I painted my '70 the wrong color :shruggy: Help me out here, am I going color blind?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dodge-Charger-SE-R-T-440-Numbers-Matching-Beauty_W0QQitemZ230146195816QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6199QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I thought this was F8...

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

71ChallengeHer

The e-bay one is not F8, it's not dark enough.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

pettyfan43

Your car IS F8. the Ebay car is F4.

71ChallengeHer

Heck that car isn't even dark enough to be F7

Big Lebowski

My Charger in the picture above is really more of the darker shade that's not in the sun. The sun really lightens the F8 alot.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

71ChallengeHer

I know from having to have the trunk painted after I bought the Challenger, there were variances in the  F7  :shruggy:

terrible one

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 26, 2007, 10:46:07 PM
I know from having to have the trunk painted after I bought the Challenger, there were variances in the  F7  :shruggy:

Maybe your old paint had faded out some.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: terrible one on June 26, 2007, 10:48:17 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 26, 2007, 10:46:07 PM

Maybe your old paint had faded out some.
It was brand new paint when I bought the Challenger. There are variances in the F7.

jasonfromIKILLYA

there will always be slight variances in color.  it's very hard to get an exact match.

as for the ebay deal, it may be a washed out jpg too, so that may not be a good representation of the color
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

According to the tag the color is FF4 which is a light green poly.  The car in the ad seems to be painted this color, not F8 Dark green metallic
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

pettyfan43

You also have to remember that some colors changed shade some between years and only the last two letters stayed the same, other things can be attributed to who mixed the paint.

For example on blues, EB5 and GB5. you would think it was the same color, but one is a little lighter and has a little more metallic.

az69rtcharger

Well here is the color chart for 70 chargers from the 70 Dodge charger registy.
Colors change depending on lightin conditions so never compair colos unless under the same lighting conditions. Its also like going in to buy a color TV and there is a row of TVs and they all look different.

Bob