News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So a Hemi for my C500 arrived today........ Updates on page 8

Started by PocketThunder, June 24, 2007, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on August 17, 2007, 04:05:11 PM
  ok so my next dumb question is if i buy a 68 coronet grille i will also need buckets to right off that car or is it includes in the grille  ???? sorry not a coronet guy   but want that look on the 69 charger before it get the daytona nose treatment way down the road maybe .   

Yes.  unless you want to move the Charger ones forward.  Here are some pictures of my headlights from the inside.  If you need anymore reference pics just let me know :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

472 R/T SE

Interesting, are those leftover vacuum hoses from the conversion?

PocketThunder

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 17, 2007, 06:06:45 PM

Yep. they just left them in the car. (Ceative Industries that is)

Going out to bolt in a seat and maybe take a run around the block right now.  i'll check back in later tonight with my progress. :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

THE CHARGER PUNK

gonna be 1 cool car for sure :icon_smile_big: and 1 helluva interesting conversation piece :yesnod:

Aussiemadonmopars

The Australian Hemi of preference would be a hemi 6 which displaces 265" with triple webbers and pumps out 302bhp from the Chrysler factory in early 70's.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

cool anyone got an extra 68 coronet flat grille and hlp buckets laying around

PocketThunder

She drives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :ricky: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :woohoo:

Maiden Voyage commenced at 4:15pm today.  My good friend Tool Time stopped by to help with some misc stuff and we pulled it out of the garage when the rain let up just long enough for us to take a couple spins around the block.  Videos will be on youtube shortly, i'll post the links here when they are done.

Paul
in St. Paul    :nixon:

PocketThunder

THE CHARGER PUNK

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

congradulations on getiing to drive that beast!!  :2thumbs: :D glad to see its all working out, got to be a great feeling to drive it instead of just looking at it ......cant wait to hear what kind of response you get at the aero car meet!! :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

General_01

Cool! Glad all your hard work the last month or so paid off. Have fun in Milwaukee. Can't wait to see pics from your trip.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

pettybird

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 17, 2007, 08:31:56 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 17, 2007, 06:06:45 PM

Yep. they just left them in the car. (Ceative Industries that is)

isn't that unusual?  i thought most of them were hacked off by the firewall, and not well...  i don't recall seeing a car with full lines on it?  i'm not saying yours is wrong or incorrect, but what do the rest of you have?

Ghoste

UFO

Great job getting it going!   You just wait you`ll get to the show and low and behold there will be a slant-6 daytona there with a mod top no less.  LOL

moparstuart

sure wish i could may it to the meet  just to see this would be worth it

but sadly i cant aford to go to this one

Charger_Fan

Congrats, Man!! :cheers:
I bet your wife is happy to see it moving under it's own power. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Whooohoo!  I remember when you got that baby home....progress baby! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

A side note on the hoses. Most of the C500's that I've seen still have the hoses on the front side of the radiator support. By most I'd say around 60% that I've looked at. They are mostly cut on the engine side of the radiator support, and the point of being cut on that side varies widely. Some are cut off right at the firewall, and plugged. Others are cut off about 1" out of the firewall. Others are cut where the hoses go through the radiator support and then left hanging. Others that I've seen have been just unhooked, and then doubled back the full length, kind of doubled up all of the way back to the firewall. On my C500 its so long that if I take it out for a drive, they tend to stick out of the bottom of the valance.

PocketThunder

So today i drove the C500 into work, 16 miles.  It was the first drive further than around the block for me.  It ran fine on the freeway but my top speed seems to be 65~70 mph, which is plenty for me.  I put the 17" wheels on it off of my 68 for now and when i took the exit ramp at 35 mph there was a little rub, I probably need to turn the torsion bars up a little.
And i got blasted with leaves and dirt half the way here but that is to be expected. :lol:

Question: On the front of the gas tank there are two lines that are to the drivers side of the sending unit.  What are these for?  Vents?  The gas tank it out of the 1970 Coronet /6 car.

Paul
in St. Paul..... soon to be Milwaukee (for a day :icon_smile_big:)

MsMopar

Kudos to you for all your hard work! Nice to see Fred's old car on the road again after all these years!
Da hemi is now back in mine after 22 years in the Cuda.Taint running yet, but it's in there  ;).
Don't think it is going to be ready for the road by next weekend though.  :-\ MsMopar

Aero426

Quote from: MsMopar on August 22, 2007, 10:05:24 PM
Kudos to you for all your hard work! Nice to see Fred's old car on the road again after all these years!
Da hemi is now back in mine after 22 years in the Cuda.Taint running yet, but it's in there  ;).
Don't think it is going to be ready for the road by next weekend though.  :-\ MsMopar

You should still bring it up on the trailer.  There  is another Hemi 500 already here. 

PocketThunder

Quote from: MsMopar on August 22, 2007, 10:05:24 PM

Forget next weekend..... how about this weekend! :scratchchin:

So after tonight i have the tranny fluid and filter replaced.  I have the vent lines for the gas tank installed, i have the gas guage wire hooked up and guess what the guage works :2thumbs:  Oh and the carburater works better when the bolts that hold it to the manifold are tightened.. D'oh! :slap:

Tomorrow i'll take it to get the alignment checked and then i should be good to go on Friday.. :yesnod:  Chris (Tipopiola) and I will be East bound and down by 1:00pm St. Paul time. O0

PocketThunder