News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need tech information

Started by smokin_moparman, September 18, 2005, 05:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin_moparman

I am trying to find what size motor would be in a 1965 Plymouth Fury III 4 door.  The numbers on door plate are P8 (G/6?) 59199158.  The fender tags are:  Model A-P2_H_41, Body 1843, Paint Code NN, Trim code H1R.  The bracket code above is very faded and not even sure if there should be a digit there.

Please email me if you have an idea.  T

Thank you;
Bill

Wakko

Welcome to the site!   We do have a tech section, check it out.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

MoparYoungGun

In 1965 you could not tell the engine size by the VIN. I'm sot sure about the fender tag but I'm guessing that you probably can't. You can tell if it is a big block because the distributor will be located in the front while small blocks have them in the back. Also, you could easily tell if it is a slant six because the engine is an I6 format.I hope I have been of some help, good luck!

Ghoste

The vin decodes as a 65 Plymouth taxi built in Windsor, Canada.  The fender tag info doesn't make much sense.  Are you sure you are looking at a fender tag?  The paint code indicates silver and the trim shows high grade cloth and vinyl bench in red.  The body code doesn't jive with anything I have.  The engine code would be at the top under the letters A and B.

Chryco Psycho

most likely it is a 318 wide block / Polysphere

smokin_moparman

Thank you for the welcome and all the info.  I will have a look whether distributor is front or back.  Definately not a 6.  Car runs and drives and the seller wants $300.  It's a 4 door, so not really my ride, but thought the engine/tranny may be worth something to someone.

Steve P.

Many 65' Fury's also came with 383s and 361s..  I know a guy looking for some 65' Sport Fury parts. How is the body?? I know he needs both fenders and both lower rear quarters.. I think he needs inner fenders too...   Come to think of it,,, that car is a piece of shit!! :icon_smile_blackeye:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida