News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

aftermarket seats for a 73

Started by 73chargers4404, June 24, 2007, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

Has anyone put aftermarket seats in a 73 charger ,ive been looking in summit and like there race stlye seats ,but i dont know how mutch of a pain in the ass it would be to mount. :shruggy:

moparguy01

im sure somebody has but your gonna have to just figure it out i guess. I used cordoba seats in mine with the right seat brackets. I'd just try to make some of the seat brackets fit the new aftermarket seats. that way you wont have to drill new holes.

400/6/PAC

I put after market seats in my 73 charger.
I had to weld on the inner seat perch ( spelling ) for each side.
Corbue was the seat I went with.

Ricardo

71charger_fan

I recovered my stock seats in 1996. It's about time to recover them. However, I've found a pair of these Procar seats aren't much more expensive than replacement covers for my current seats. It's been a while since this thread's been active. Anyone use Procar? They list adapters for our cars in their catalog as does Corbeau.

http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_Elite.asp

71charger_fan

I just put Procar Elite buckets in my Charger. I love the seats, but the adapters they sell don't even come close to fitting the car's floor pan. I removed the tracks from the original seats, filed the holes a little, and bolted the original tracks to the new seats. It works with a bit of a spacer between the new seats and original tracks.

73charger440

i just now started mounting my seats in and the bracket  shttp://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1151/   are not working they will not adjust to the  height , the floor is lower in the middle where the hump is and higher on the door side ,the brackets are adjustable to the height ,i tried adjusting the height all the way up on the hump side  but still dont go up enough to level up to the the door side. any ideas from someone who mounted these after market seats in a 3rd gen

71charger_fan

Finally got around to taking a photo.

73chargers4404

i would diffently go with modifing the orginal seat tracks but the orginal seat was a beanch and only has two sliders in it ,never realized how mutch of a difference in the depth of the  floor was until this if i make brackets to fit this the driver side brackt would be about 2 inchs from the floor and the hump side would have to have a 3 1/2" bracket to be rasised up to level with the other side ,and that would  be big bracket