News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

inner fender splash shields

Started by charger01, June 23, 2007, 11:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

I have some inner splash guards for my 69 charger.  I understand where the two big long ones go, but I have two smaller ones as well.  does anyone know where they go.  any pics of splash guards would be greatly appreciated .
thanks.

UFO

The small ones are likely at the front section of fender.Right at the top.Ever see a fender rust at the top front lip?There are also one each side at the bottom.Goes from fender to valance panel.Sorry I don't have pics available right now.

charger01

thank you for your reply. kinda understand, but would love to see actual pics. thanks again.

Shakey

Quote from: charger01 on June 24, 2007, 11:05:59 AM
thank you for your reply. kinda understand, but would love to see actual pics. thanks again.

Post a pic of your splash shields and we'll let you know where they go.

charger01

Ok this is what I got.  I know what the larger ones go to, but what about the others?

Shakey

Some reference photos in the links.

The top one is a starter splash shield.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16779.0.html

The two in the middle look like they belong on the upper front part of the fender but look slighlty different than the ones on my car.

The two at the bottom go at the rear of the fender and protect the door hinges.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,17750.0.html

charger01

Thanks shakey.  You dont happen to have a pic of where you think the middle ones go do ya.  I appreciate your help.

Shakey

I don't think the ones in the middle are for a '69.

Perhaps someone else knows more.

8WHEELER

Those middle shields are not for a 68 either   :scratchchin:  sorry don't recognize those.

This is what the 68 and I thought 69 as well, front fender splash shields look like.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

UFO

Heres a pic of what I was talkin about.
Look in the very top of inner fender,thats where it goes.
8wheeler those black shields are from fender to valance,and your right they are found on 68&69.

Shakey

Quote from: 8WHEELER on June 29, 2007, 03:14:12 PM

This is what the 68 and I thought 69 as well, front fender splash shields look like.

Dan

Those are broken.

Lurker

Quote from: Shakey on July 02, 2007, 08:11:25 PM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on June 29, 2007, 03:14:12 PM

Dan

Those are broken.

looks like someone removed the bumper at one time and trimmed them instead of removing them
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667