News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FOUND..private MOPAR graveyard..everything to be auctioned off on Saturday!!

Started by OldGuy, June 21, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

I've been hearing about this place for a few months.  It is a couple of miles from my house.  An old codger has owned the place forever.  He has about 80-100 acres in an area that has become an elite location in Utah (Highland) for new home developments.  I guess his kids finally talked him into selling the place.  The place is loaded with old cars, trucks, tractors, farm implements - you name it and it is probably there.  They are going to auction the cars off on Saturday - so they opened the place up for a couple of days so people can go in and look around.  I was walking around taking some pictures and one of the guy's kids came up to me and said that I had better take the pictures now because no one has every been allowed on the property until today and the cars will be all be sold on Saturday.  There are cars and trucks ranging from the 1930's up to the 1970's.  There are quite a few MOPARs - 1950 era - Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, etc.  He has three (3) 1970 era Plymouth Dusters.  One is a Gold Duster with a slant 6 in it.  The other is a 1975 Duster with a V-8 (318 or 340), 4-speed.  Most everything is in pretty good shape for the ages of them.  However, no Chargers, Daytona's, Superbirds, or 426 Hemi's :'(  Will post up a few pictures.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

OldGuy

More pics of some big old MOPAR boats!!
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

OldGuy

The70RT

I can't believe so many cars are that complete. Was it open for business before this?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger_Fan

Thanks for the heads up! :cheers:
Will you post the address? I happen to be off this Saturday & am looking for a good excuse to get out of what I had planned for the day. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

I wish I was close. I would be on that coupe like a duck on a june bug!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4cruzin

Some cool cars looks like but . . what a mess!  Someone actually lives there??   :eek2:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

OldGuy

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 21, 2007, 05:20:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up! :cheers:
Will you post the address? I happen to be off this Saturday & am looking for a good excuse to get out of what I had planned for the day. :smilielol:

Charger_Fan
It's called the Buehler Ranch.  Take I-15 south to Thanksgiving Point (I-15 north if you are south of Lehi).  Take the Highland/Alpine exit and go east on SR-92 towards American Fork Canyon.  Go down through Dry Creek past the Micron plant.  Take the first right (heading south) as soon as you cross Dry Creek and go south down to 10400.  Turn east on 10400 and go a few blocks further - it is on the south side of the road - you can't miss it.

OldGuy

Quote from: The70RT on June 21, 2007, 05:14:05 PM
I can't believe so many cars are that complete. Was it open for business before this?

It was never open for any business - because it wasn't a business.  It was the guy's private property.  His kid said he was a pack rat.  People would come by and ask him if he wanted the stuff - cars, etc. and he would take them and put them back on his acreage and threatened people with death if they trespassed on his property. 

OldGuy

Some vintage MOPARS!

Brock Samson

OldGuy

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 21, 2007, 07:52:03 PM
i haven't seen a corvair station wagon in 30 years..

Brock,
I would venture to say that you haven't seen one of these old Studebakers in years, either :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

OldGuy

How about this old land yacht - 1969 Dodge station wagon :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

OldGuy

Okay - what is it?  Yeah, I know it is a convertible - but make, model and year??

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:   i'm soooo awsome! 

any jobs for car spotters?..  :shruggy:

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

OldGuy

Charger_Fan

Thanks for the directions, Old Guy. :)
Even if I don't drag anything home, I'd still like to go pickin' around there for an hour or so. There's definitely some neat stuff there. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger1973

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 21, 2007, 11:44:00 PM
   :scratchchin:   i'm soooo awsome! 

any jobs for car spotters?..  :shruggy:

Wheres that pic taken?  I thought it looked familiar and looked in my Charger folder...  sure enough.   :scratchchin:

OldGuy

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 22, 2007, 11:04:00 AM
Thanks for the directions, Old Guy. :)
Even if I don't drag anything home, I'd still like to go pickin' around there for an hour or so. There's definitely some neat stuff there. :yesnod:
Charger Fan,
Here is a map link to the place:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=5879+w+10400+n&city=highland&state=ut&zipcode=
The actual address is 5879 W 10400 S, Highland, Utah.
If you are coming over Saturday, there is a car show sponsored by the Utah County Peace Officers.  It is being held from 11am - 5pm.  Location is 5381 W 10400 N in Highland - in a park just 5 blocks due east on 10400.  Stop by, I plan to be there with my 69 green Charger.